Larson's Run of Dirt Wins....

Revman

Denny beat your favorite driver....again!
Time to limit Cup drivers to 10 dirt races? Discuss.

200.webp

I thought this was interesting:

Kyle Larson wins third sprint car race in as many nights at Grandview Speedway (PA)

While Larson held a comfortable lead on the restart, Ryan Smith began closing in – looking to end Larson’s five-race Sprint Car win streak.

Ryan Smith (94) uses an outside line to sneak by Kyle Larson (57). (Photo Doug Rothermel)

A full-house of race fans leaped to their feet when Smith muscled around Larson exiting turn 2, carrying that momentum into turn 3 before clipping the wall, sending The Warko Group No. 94 of Smith flipping wildly into the third turn. A dejected – but unscathed — Smith exited the car to a standing ovation from race fans.

I'll be at Hagerstown tonight for the Speedweeks race and hope it's not rained out. I didn't know Larson would be there when I made my plans, but it's a plus to me. I'm opposed to limiting entries in racing. Logano in Xfinity, Larson in Sprint cars, Alonso at Indy, Allmendinger in the Daytona 24 Hours, Kyle Busch in late models in Michigan a couple weeks ago... I'm OK with all of it. I do find it amusing the way some folks justify that some of it is admirable and some is dastardly.

Carson's streak is six in a row, I believe. One World of Outlaws, then two in Ohio's Spedweek, the three against the Pennsylvania Posse (and potentially a fourth tonight). All top notch Sprint car competition.

I'll be at Hagerstown tonight for the Speedweeks race and hope it's not rained out. I didn't know Larson would be there when I made my plans, but it's a plus to me. I'm opposed to limiting entries in racing. Logano in Xfinity, Larson in Sprint cars, Alonso at Indy, Allmendinger in the Daytona 24 Hours, Kyle Busch in late models in Michigan a couple weeks ago... I'm OK with all of it. I do find it amusing the way some folks justify that some of it is admirable and some is dastardly.

Carson's streak is six in a row, I believe. One World of Outlaws, then two in Ohio's Spedweek, the three against the Pennsylvania Posse (and potentially a fourth tonight). All top notch Sprint car competition.

Agree 100%. Enjoy yourself. It's funny, when a world class driver drives anything, anywhere, against anybody, it is pure awesomeness to me....because when they catch it, or take an interesting line.....it's like very cool to me. Odd, I know.

I like when drivers go outside their usual disciplines in racing. You get a better idea of how versatile their driving skills are. I don't mind drivers going down to the minor leagues, as long as they don't make a habit of it.

The big name drivers stepping down helps the local tracks too. Made for a hell of a crowd last night at Grandview. That place holds 5,000 plus and every seat was full.

Absolutely not. As long as the owners and sponsors of their main race team doesn't care then no one else should either IMO. A lot of smaller dirt tracks make a lot more money when someone like Larson shows up. And if they don't then they probably are not promoting it very well. That is why smaller tracks will book in 2 to 4 nitro cars for a match race during their normal weekend bracket races so they can put more bodies in the seats. The bigger the name the larger the paycheck.

Last edited:
Absolutely not. As long as the owners and sponsors of their main race team doesn't care then no one else should either IMO. A lot of smaller dirt tracks make a lot more money when someone like Larson shows up. And if they don't then they probably are not promoting it very well.
This

Plus, Cup drivers entering different disciplines is not the same argument as Cup drivers entering lower NASCAR series events.

Absolutely not. As long as the owners and sponsors of their main race team doesn't care then no one else should either IMO. A lot of smaller dirt tracks make a lot more money when someone like Larson shows up. And if they don't then they probably are not promoting it very well. That is why smaller tracks will book in 2 to 4 nitro cars for a match race during their normal weekend bracket races so they can put more bodies in the seats. The bigger the name the larger the paycheck.
:beerbang:
This

Plus, Cup drivers entering different disciplines is not the same argument as Cup drivers entering lower NASCAR series events.
:beerbang:

Yeah you can't even compare the two, it's way different. Mainly for the fact these smaller tracks as people already said make great great money off it, way more than they would without them there. Plus it is something different. I saw Kyle Busch a few years ago at Speedfest and he had a great great race with Bubba Pollard at the end.

Yep what I posted it was a full house. Larson and Kahne were there from cup. Might have been more. But the fans got a show and packed the house.

Alright, many talking about how this is different from Kyle running the "lower" series (your point, not mine). How so? Anybody here the story of the pissed off Mom the other night as Larson "took money from her kid" by being there? Isn't this the same thing as Kyle taking candy from the babies?

I might also add that Moody (dear God I am quoting Moody) pointed out that packing the house looks different at a dirt track facility than it does a track on the Cup series. How do you know that Kyle doesn't "pack the house" when attendance figures aren't released?

I just do not understand the complaining of cup guys racing in lower series. As a fan, if I am paying to see an event, something that it is entertainment because as a fan we have no money truly invested in the outcome nor do we reap any of the rewards of the final results, I wan to be entertained by the absolute best at their craft. If I am going to see a race where my favorites driver is also running I am more excited to see it. Busch, like Larson, just shows up and drives the car. There is no wrenching done by them and I will guarantee you that they do not have the most money invested into their cars. On dirt it is a little different as tracks can change with the line coming in, the dirt drying out or being watered and packed again. That is why you see a lot of "big name" guys show up to dirt and not win. I watched Kyle Busch show up to Bakersfield this February and not lead a single lap of the Winter Showdown. Instead, he qualified like 7th and ran behind a local boy and got smoked by him on multiple restarts.

Iron sharpens iron.

Alright, many talking about how this is different from Kyle running the "lower" series (your point, not mine). How so? Anybody here the story of the pissed off Mom the other night as Larson "took money from her kid" by being there? Isn't this the same thing as Kyle taking candy from the babies?

I might also add that Moody (dear God I am quoting Moody) pointed out that packing the house looks different at a dirt track facility than it does a track on the Cup series. How do you know that Kyle doesn't "pack the house" when attendance figures aren't released?
Packing the house at a local track will help out more than packing the house at a NASCAR Xfinity or Truck Race. Those local tracks can use all of that money for good use at the tracks. Hell if Kyle Busch wanted to do this a lot more I wouldn't have a problem with it. I mean this is the best way to find drivers anyway. Racing against someone already on tv isn't going to help as much as this will. That's the way I view it as different.

Dude you're comparing apples to oranges. Kyle Busch running a local latemodel race is not the same as him running an Xfinity race. My god.

Yet, you cannot explain why, Dude. My God.

Packing the house at a local track will help out more than packing the house at a NASCAR Xfinity or Truck Race.

How do you know this?

FWIW, before we finish the Happy Meals, and log on.....I have never had a problem with ANY Cup driver driving in ANY lower series, but many have. Just kind of exploring the rationale here.....if there is one. Soooo, save the flaming bull**** for another time. I'm not in the mood.

Lol cause most of the tracks NASCAR goes to are either owned by NASCAR or owned by Bruton Smith. Pretty sure they are GREAT on money.

In this case, we shouldn't at all be concerned about the demise of either lower series. Good to know. Let's quit bitching about the attendance then.

In this case, we shouldn't at all be concerned about the demise of either lower series. Good to know. Let's quit bitching about the attendance then.
I never really do? Lol I just think the races would be better without them is all. I also think it's BS how a Cup Driver can make the race while someone else could get sent home. So much is wrong with all of this. To me the best Xfinaty and Truck races this year have been without Cup guys. The only good one was the one Denny won(with a cheated up car) the rest IMO was rather boring.

Yet, you cannot explain why, Dude. My God.

The difference is that sprint car races and big money late model races are not opening acts for the cup races. They aren't on the same tracks as the cup series. They aren't even close to similar. When Kyle Busch or Kyle Larson race in podunkville, USA, they aren't racing in cup equipment and support.

Furthermore, look at the grandstands at these little tracks when a famous driver shows up. They actually bring a crowd. You'd never heard of a venue, Kyle Busch races there, and now you have.

People aren't attending Xfinity races hoping to see cup stars like people attending small venue races.

So there are several reasons that you are definitely not going to agree with.

But back to Larson and sprint cars.... the World of Outlaws is not a feeder series.

If Donnie Schatz was racing a u-car before the sprint car feature. That would be equally as lame as KyBu racing trucks and ****.

FWIW, before we finish the Happy Meals, and log on.....I have never had a problem with ANY Cup driver driving in ANY lower series, but many have. Just kind of exploring the rationale here.....if there is one. Soooo, save the flaming bull**** for another time. I'm not in the mood.

Relax, Mr Sensitive.
Why not ditch some snark yourself since it bothers you so much.

... And no worries Kyle is going to be alright and survive this thread.

Dude you're comparing apples to oranges. Kyle Busch running a local latemodel race is not the same as him running an Xfinity race. My god.
Better be careful Dun or he'll accuse you of needing a happy meal. It's his clever little insult when he feels his guy is slighted.

Edit: I see he used the childish insult once again

Meltdown commencing
. LMAO

Drivers should race every chance they get if they want. Doesn't matter if its Xfinity, trucks, sprint cars, late models, ARCA, or bicycles. If the opportunity is there go for it.

Better be careful Dun or he'll accuse you of needing a happy meal. It's his clever little insult when he feels his guy is slighted.

Edit: I see he used the childish insult once again

Lmao, I was going to give him **** for starting an instigatory thread and crying about responses and then I was like 'nah'

Back
Top Bottom