Las Vegas - South Point 400 Pre-Race Thread

I'm just excited for Deegan in Xfinity to run as high as 22nd and then crash, ultimately finishing 31st.

This will be my first time at Vegas.... city or the track.
The one track I've been to. Traffic is epic, plan ahead. It's the dessert so you can never have enough sun screen & water (or ear plugs for that matter). If you are staying on the strip. pop for a shuttle bus...the AC and cold drinks are worth it.

Goodyear Fast Facts – Las Vegas​

OCTOBER 11, 2022 AT 3:23 PM

NASCAR Cup Series — Race No. 33 – 267 laps / 400.5 miles
Las Vegas Motor Speedway (1.5-mile oval) – Las Vegas, Nev.
Fast Facts for October 15-16, 2022

Tire: Goodyear Eagle 18-inch Speedway Radials

Set limits: Cup: 1 set for practice, 1 set for qualifying pand 9 sets for the race (8 race sets plus 1 set transferred from qualifying)

Tire Codes: Left-side — D-5186; Right-side — D-5190

Tire Circumference: Left-side — 2,263 mm (89.09 in.); Right-side — 2,279 mm (89.72 in.)

Minimum Recommended Inflation: Left Front — 20 psi; Left Rear — 22 psi; Right Front — 50 psi; Right Rear — 46 psi

Storyline – Air pressure: It’s not just for mechanical grip anymore: As the sport has learned and worked with the Next Gen car, NASCAR Cup Series teams have developed the tuning tools that make their cars go faster. Out of the box, shock and camber settings were used in combination with air pressures in the tires to gain mechanical grip. With a clear balance shift to the rear versus the previous generation car, Next Gen’s diffuser became a key part in the tuning process. Teams have found that getting the rear of the car down closer to the track and sealed off enables the diffuser to create more rear downforce, which results in more speed. That brings the conversation back to air pressure settings in the rear tires. The lower the air, the lower the rear end of the car can be to take advantage of that. What that means, however, is that less air allows for more deflection or flex in the sidewall of the rear tires. Over-deflection breaks down the components in the tire and often leads to air loss.

“This has been an exciting year of change for NASCAR as we all work with the Next Gen car,” said Greg Stucker, Goodyear’s director of racing. “We understood very early on the balance of this car was directed much more to the rear than previous, and as set-ups have continued to evolve over the season, the benefits of maximizing the effectiveness of the rear diffuser have become apparent, particularly on the speedways. These set-ups, obviously, can have a significant impact on tires, so integrating the latest information from the teams and OEMs into our predictive simulations is critical. Those simulations enable us to provide the teams with the key tire information each week to make informed decisions and responsibly get maximum performance out of the tires at Las Vegas this week and moving forward.”

Notes – Cup cars on different tire set-up than earlier race at Las Vegas: Having moved to an 18-inch bead diameter tire for 2022, NASCAR Cup teams will run a different tire set-up than those in the Xfinity Series at Las Vegas this week . . . this is a different combination of left- and right-side tires than Cup ran at Las Vegas in March . . . compared to that earlier weekend, this tire set-up features construction changes to both sides of the car . . . Cup teams have run this same set-up at Kansas-2 and Texas-2 recently . . . with this 18-inch tire, and its lower profile sidewall, NASCAR Cup cars will not run inner liners in any of their tires in 2022.

:D

1665549030453.png

I am near Fremont/downtown. We were there last night and the Strip today. The Strip seemed a lot more "fake" and certainly more overpriced. Fremont and the downtown area have been AMAZING. Decent prices and a seemingly more authentic atmosphere

Well the 9 teams looks like they're in the mood to piss away their points lead in the first race of the round again.

The pre race fan zone here is great. Not as good as Bristol, but this is certainly the most free stuff I've ever gotten at a race by FAR.

Completely free Bud on Friday. 3 guys filling 7oz cups. I believe I had 7.

Free- 2 shirts, 2 bottles of sweet baby Ray's + 3 mini dipping cups, chap stick, 4oz of vodka soda, kings Hawaiian sliders, carnival rides. Probably $70 worth of stuff including the beer.

Also free...South Point was represented of course and they're giving out FREE sports bets. Well I started helping some people in his line with the NASCAR trivia he was asking to keep it fun for him and less awkward for the causal fans who didn't know anything. Well I must've made a good impression.... he gave me a $50 Chase Elliot ticket 8/1 (I think that's the right way to say it? It's worth $400 if he wins). Very very cool and I'm telling the causal fans I'm here with I have a very very real shot at winning that come tomorrow.

He poked fun at me too... my trivia question was what race Chase last won which I said was Talladega. Then he smirked and asked "well what was the name of the race?" (Which I believe I knew...Yellawood?).

So let's go CHASE

I'm not a AD hater but if I were RCR I'm not sure I'd be bragging on those stats. In 333 starts I thought he'd have more top 5's. Reddick has 16 in 105 starts in the same equipment
ee42b1a65a119b105f68e7249216a15d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I'm not a AD hater but if I were RCR I'm not sure I'd be bragging on those stats. In 333 starts I thought he'd have more top 5's. Reddick has 16 in 105 starts in the same equipment
ee42b1a65a119b105f68e7249216a15d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
As someone like myself that appreciated Dale Earnhardt, it'd be so much more cooler that the 3 was back on track if someone that was more competent was behind the wheel of that ride. Anyways......its Race Day from Vegas. Hello everyone and looking forward to this one today........ a spot in the NASCAR Championship Bowl in Phoenix awaits a Round of 8 Driver if they can win this one today.

Back
Top Bottom