Laurens fans

S

SCDTRMan

Their is a rumor going around that Fred bought Sugar Creek Speedway and that he`s is going to close Laurens Speedway Down does anyone have any info on this

Talked to someone today and they said that Laurens is not closing down! He has already made the rules, so hopefully it won't!

I would definetly love to see the "Creek" reopen. A few years back once Al Bulington(think thats his name) re-opened it and with the money and improvements that he had sunk into the place it was "the place to be" on Friday nights! After he ran it for a year or year and a half and closed it ,no one has been able to open it for very long at a time. Several have tried,but he(AL) wants so much per ticket sold,no one have been able to make a go of it and make a profit. There has been some "big money" interest in the place but even they could not strike a deal. I'm afraid it looks to be a lame duck. What a shame it is too. Could be the track of the Carolinas with the right promoter. Haven't heard that about Fred........I guess anything is possible. But.....I wouldn't look for him to close down Laurens. Heck,I've even read a post on 4m where someone said he had bought part interest into Danny Hurley's new track. ALL rumors I believe. Went to see the Mileback track this past Monday. I don't see anyway humanly possible that it will be ready this year. With only three months to go and wet weather setting in.....it would take a miracle. No parking area,lights,pits,buildings,fences,stands,walls, road improvements,or anything taking shape as I saw it. Track area looked pretty much washed away and pit area under water. I wish them luck..........but,don't look too promising from my vantage point.

I wish he would buy Sugar creek and run laurens on saturday and sugar creek on friday. That would be pretty cool! Has anyone heard anything else about Danny's track opening in 2003?

I talked to Danny last weekend and he said it would be 2004 before he opened. As far as Sugar Creek goes, I heard from a reliable source that they plan to run 8 races next year.

Back
Top Bottom