Lawsuit shows anatomy of Farmers deal with Hendrick Motorsports

Between $7 million to $16 million per year? Could have spent a little more and been the title sponsor. If what has been reported about Monster's deal is correct they are looking smarter and smarter daily.

Did Farmers not do any homework before they put their name on Kasey?

Sorry Kasey fans, I hate to be mean.
Yeah a multitime race winner who finished 4th in points their first year with him. Lets not throw rocks with Kurts background.

Between $7 million to $16 million per year? Could have spent a little more and been the title sponsor. If what has been reported about Monster's deal is correct they are looking smarter and smarter daily.

Kraft/Velveeta is the primary sponsor for the 31 car of Ryan Newman in select races per year at $175,000 per race so you can see how prices are dropping.

Yeah a multitime race winner who finished 4th in points their first year with him. Lets not throw rocks with Kurts background.
How many Cup Championships does Kasey have?

( I had to, you opened the door for that one :p:p:D:D:p)

pretty easy to see that the lack of performance was a big factor in losing not one but two sponsors this year. Hasn't been getting any performance bonuses, but I think he gets one for winning Indy. Way too late.

How many Cup Championships does Kasey have?

( I had to, you opened the door for that one :p:p:D:D:p)

How many active drivers have a cup championship? Not many.

But I do think his last few years have been huge dissapointments. Inonsistency seemed to become more noticeable. It became hard to count on him for even finishing in the low teens. Getting caught up in a disproportionte amount of wrecks.
Capable of turning it on like he did at Indianapolis with an incredible drive. But far too many bad days for it to save him.

I can understand why it would be almost impossible for his fans to agree with this. His accomplishments in the Gillette cars, and with Red Bull had me believing he was going to do so much at HMS.

not everybody can get into the top 5, but you hear the same things from fans of any driver who isn't. It's the car or the crew chief or both. Sometimes they are right I happen to not think that is the case with Kahne. His sponsors thought so too. He would do decent probably in Xfinity. But running top 20 in a Hendrick car for as long as he has lately in today's climate?

I can understand why it would be almost impossible for his fans to agree with this. His accomplishments in the Gillette cars, and with Red Bull had me believing he was going to do so much at HMS.
Which leads me to believe that HMS was not giving the 5 team everything they needed to be competitive, or something was really off with that team.

That's it?

Just imagine how much Lowes, Mountain Dew, Nationwide, and Axalta pay yearly? Napa and such?

It can only be more expensive for Jr, Chase, and Jimmie.

That's it?

Just imagine how much Lowes, Mountain Dew, Nationwide, and Axalta pay yearly? Napa and such?

It can only be more expensive for Jr, Chase, and Jimmie.

I've heard that Lowe's pays over $30 million a year. No source, just hearsay. Seems about right IMO. I mean it sounds reasonable, they are on the car for all 36 races, and it's Jimmie Johnson

Kasey's stats actually aren't all that different from Dale Jr's at the same point in his HMS tenure except for wins, where Kasey has 3x as many...

Kasey Kahne through 207 starts at HMS:
6 wins, 35 Top-5's, 71 Top-10's

Dale Earnhardt, Jr. through 207 starts at HMS:
2 wins, 34 Top-5's, 76 Top-10's

Kasey's stats actually aren't all that different from Dale Jr's at the same point in his HMS tenure except for wins, where Kasey has 3x as many...

Man his 09-11 seasons were horrid, its too bad it took him so long time find his form. I think Darian will be an upgrade and it will show these last couple of races for Kasey.

Neither are exactly elite Cup drivers. Dale Jr is popular because of his last name/expectations and happens to be relatable. Kasey is popular because estrogen.

Not terrible drivers mind you, they have the accolades to prove it. Although not top tier drivers either.

Man his 09-11 seasons were horrid, its too bad it took him so long time find his form. I think Darian will be an upgrade and it will show these last couple of races for Kasey.
Junior wasn't terrible in '11, didn't win but finished 7th in points that year, but '09 and '10 were ghastly. Mr. H likely would have kicked him to the curb after 2010 if his last name wasn't Earnhardt.

Junior wasn't terrible in '11, didn't win but finished 7th in points that year, but '09 and '10 were ghastly. Mr. H likely would have kicked him to the curb after 2010 if his last name wasn't Earnhardt.
Mr. H would never have hired him if his last name wasnt Earnhardt.

Good point.
People can deny it all they want but Rick canned Kyle Busch for Dale. Obviously was not a trade based on increasing the team's performance.

People will also say Kyle just wasnt a fit for HMS. Well, they have forgotten how much a mess Dale was prior to the signing. The man has said it himself.

Its was a marketing move from day 1.

Tony learned fast.

People can deny it all they want but Rick canned Kyle Busch for Dale. Obviously was not a trade based on increasing the team's performance.

People will also say Kyle just wasnt a fit for HMS. Well, they have forgotten how much a mess Dale was prior to the signing. The man has said it himself.

Tony learned fast.
Right, Rick knew he could make a ton of money just off all the Dale Jr merchandise that was getting sold, it was all for the $$$$$

Right, Rick knew he could make a ton of money just off all the Dale Jr merchandise that was getting sold, it was all for the $$$$$
"An Earnhardt and Gordon on the same team!"

Yada yada yada

Tony learned fast.
I don't remember why, but HMS also opted to keep Casey Mears rather than retain Kyle. Casey really didn't do much in '07 outside of the fuel mileage win at Charlotte, but I guess they didn't want to send him packing after just one season. They put him in the 5 in 2008 and got rid of him anyway at the end of that season.

I don't remember why, but HMS also opted to keep Casey Mears rather than retain Kyle. Casey really didn't do much in '07 outside of the fuel mileage win at Charlotte, but I guess they didn't want to send him packing after just one season. They put him in the 5 in 2008 and got rid of him anyway at the end of that season.

I really hoped Mears would work out, but it just didn't happen.

Imagine if Mr. H would have put Keselowski in the 5 instead of Martin. Things would have turned out a whole lot different, that's for sure

Something to the effect of Rick seeing Casey as a son, especially after losing Ricky.

Could have that totally wrong though. Grains of salt sold separately.

Back
Top Bottom