Lazarus: NASCAR won't affect IndyCar coverage

LOL at the comments on that page. As long as I continue to have access to NBCSN this is gonna be bitchin, love their Lucas Oil Programming as well, except for when Dragboat coverage gets cut off for golf....... I hope they aren't stretching themselves thin.. Hmmmm

Good news! I'm not worried about this. If anything, I think it helps IndyCar. Some NASCAR fans might discover IndyCar or F1 by accident since the races will all on the same channel.

Good news! I'm not worried about this. If anything, I think it helps IndyCar. Some NASCAR fans might discover IndyCar or F1 by accident since the races will all on the same channel.

I wouldn't be surprised to see some IndyCar/NASCAR doubleheaders (provided NASCAR didn't write a clause against it), especially on Saturdays since the Nationwide Series usually runs in the later part of that day.

I wouldn't be surprised to see some IndyCar/NASCAR doubleheaders (provided NASCAR didn't write a clause against it), especially on Saturdays since the Nationwide Series usually runs in the later part of that day.
Not likely. Brian France:
“No. Nationwide is significantly ahead of the Indy Racing League in terms of its television ratings and attendance and everything else with the exception, obviously, of the Indy 500. We wouldn’t want to mix that. They have to stand on their own, and we have to stand on our own,”

The rest of it is equally condescending:
http://motorsportstalk.nbcsports.co...iend-to-nascar-but-needs-to-stand-on-its-own/

Figures. Brian France can suck a dick. I wonder if there is a clause in the NBC contract that prohibits them from televising an IndyCar race (held elsewhere) that starts like 30-60 min after a Cup or Nationwide race.

Not likely. Brian France:
“No. Nationwide is significantly ahead of the Indy Racing League in terms of its television ratings and attendance and everything else with the exception, obviously, of the Indy 500. We wouldn’t want to mix that. They have to stand on their own, and we have to stand on our own,”

The rest of it is equally condescending:
http://motorsportstalk.nbcsports.co...iend-to-nascar-but-needs-to-stand-on-its-own/

Brian's a prick, no doubt. Reading that, though, it seemed like he was talking more about not hosting events together at one track on the same weekend. Looking through the schedules there are days like October 5th where IndyCar is at Houston and Nationwide is at Kansas and they're running at practically the same time. I would think it be more beneficial to both organizations to move the green flag times around so one could lead into the other on TV rather than have them compete against each other on NBCSN and CNBC, or a combination of that nature.

What a pompous ass. Can't even address the sanctioning body by their proper name. Rubbish.

What a pompous ass. Can't even address the sanctioning body by their proper name. Rubbish.
It really annoys me when people still call IndyCar the Indy Racing League. Partly because to me, the name IRL represents the split and all the troubles and IndyCar represents the unified series even though it's technically the same legal entity.

It really annoys me when people still call IndyCar the Indy Racing League. Partly because to me, the name IRL represents the split and all the troubles and IndyCar represents the unified series even though it's technically the same legal entity.
And do you think that the man who runs NASCAR did that by mistake? It's known that he and Randy Bernard discussed things, and he probably has lunch with Penske and Ganassi on a regular basis. It was completely intentional.

Back
Top Bottom