Leader Bonus

71Fan

Rick Minter of the Atlanta Journal Constitution is reporting that five drivers have a chance to walk away with the leader bonus Sunday......Interesting.Article

Mathematicaly correct and quite honestly I do want to see someone other than Marlin win this bonus.

I would like to say that Marlin will loose the points lead...But I dont think its gonna happen.

Originally posted by Awesome_Bill
I would like to say that Marlin will loose the points lead...But I dont think its gonna happen.

Why not?, he didn't qualify all that well, has had engine problems for weeks. MEOW????

if the other drivers get after it they can beat him but they better get moving soon, that sure would be a heart breaker to have the points lead this long and then loose it

Not out of the question.

If MM can win, lead the most laps Sterling would have to finish better than 11th to hold the lead if he leads no laps.

If JJ does the win thing, Sterling has to finish better than 12th.

If Sterling finishes just out of the top 20 in say 21st, MM would need a 5th place finish to take the lead; JJ a 4th.

I dont think no one will win the bonus untill that last few races and I think that person will be either Mark Marlin or Jeff Gordon

Originally posted by kat2220

Why not?, he didn't qualify all that well, has had engine problems for weeks. MEOW????

Well Marlin Rarely qualifies well, and those engine problems cant last forever. Hes just too consistent to loose the points lead. Although I will now say that it isnt totally out of the question.

The reason I brought this here is that I didn't know for sure which way the leader bonus stuff works. Gotta lead going in, or just lead coming out.

Just gotta be the leader in the points when the checkers fall. If by winning the race, you are vaulted into the points lead, you collect the bonus.

I think nobody has been having a paticuraly great season, not even Sterling. It seems like a driver is strong for a couple weeks, then seems to fade. Nobody has seemed to be able to capitalize, and which ever driver can start getting in a groove where they are consistently finishing up front and can hold onto that consistency will be the driver that ends up taking home this championship.

After this week's rule changes, I would think Mr. Gordon has the inside track. They should have given the Pontiac's more, they've been playing from behind all year. Oh if Tony was only in a Chevy :)

Back
Top Bottom