Less noted Kudos

H

HardScrabble

Kevin Harvick continues his good runs, finished 5th. Best of the RCR cars. Robby Gordon comes home 8th. Two top tens for the Childress stable.

Steve Park tops the DEI teams with 7th. Consistent runner most of the day.

Bobby Labonte with an 11th and Terry with a 13th. Not spectacular but good finishes for the years these guys are having.

Ken Schrader notches his best finish of the year with a 14th. I don't know that the 36 car can do much better than that.

A las, These drivers may have just goten their best finishes for a while. At least for Kenny. Congrats to them

A good day for RCR and Park...Too bad that the rest of DEI couldn't have been up there. I really wonder what happened to Jr's car.....

Jr,s car was tight tight tight, he says the thing just would not turn at all. No side bite for the front at all.

All I heard was JR. complaining of too tight and dropped back. after that I heard no more about it. I assume they couldn't get it loosened up.

Seems like the same thing every week. I wonder if a "shake up" at DEI is on the horizon......?

It might have officially been a 7th place finish for Steve, but it was a win in my book! He's had such a frustrating season, and today was just what his team needed! :D

It was really good to see Steve have a good run. He could go home tonight feeling proud of that finish. :)

Hey kenny finished 2 races in a row!!!!
Terry is having a much better year this year!!
All i can say about Park is glad he was at Indy!!
And harvick with food poisning Yuck gald he made it!!

And a begrudging attaboy to JeffyPoo. He drove a very smart race today and made the best from a disappointing qualifying run. I still can't stand him though. :p

Ryan Newman also deserves a pat on the back for not blowing the motor up when he is running good. That boy shoots himself in the foot too often.

WTF happened to Mark Martin? He dropped like a rock and blew a golden opportunity to make Sterling squirm.

Both Mark and Jeff Burton had engine problems late in the race, in the same lap I think.

NBC reported that Mark was told to switch to the backup ignition module, but that must not have been the problem.

Jeff says something went south under the hood, but doesn't know what it was.

YAHOO for Steve Park! that was great:)

and kenny had a pretty good weekend:

his truck driven by mike wallace, came in 4th

kenny came in 3rd in the IROC race, where he sat in at the last minute.

he managed a 14 in that crummy 36 car!!!

and awesome bill was awesome!!!

Originally posted by fergy1370
A good day for RCR and Park...Too bad that the rest of DEI couldn't have been up there. I really wonder what happened to Jr's car.....

Guess it was too tight for him.

Tony's car was too tight, how come he didn't give up so quickly?

Not trying to be mean, but more evidence that Jr needs to grow up and not quit all the time. If everyone that was driving a tight car just gave up, there would be one or two cars in the pack every week.

Originally posted by paul

Guess it was too tight for him.

Tony's car was too tight, how come he didn't give up so quickly?

Not trying to be mean, but more evidence that Jr needs to grow up and not quit all the time.  If everyone that was driving a tight car just gave up, there would be one or two cars in the pack every week.

What makes you think he gave up? If you can't turn the car, you can't drive fast.....

Maybe he should go kick a reporter............

:D

So his was the only tight car out there? Like I said, other people had tight cars. None of them just gave up and drove around in the back.

Who kicked a reporter?

I thought he punched a photographer. Idiot move nonetheless.

But not sure how that relates to Jr's giving up.

How difficult is it to drive a car that is as tight as Junior described? I mean, I was so appalled that he finished as poorly as he did, considering his starting position. He dropped like a damn rock. Did his crew make the car that undriveable? It just seemed to get worse and worse. Maybe they overcompensated with the tightening, thinking the hot track would make his car extremely loose?

I just knew it was too good to be true... :rolleyes:

No, like I said...many people had tight cars.

It comes down to ability and heart on whether or not a driver is able to make up for a bad car and still perform.

Jr gives up on his cars almost weekly, he needs an absolutely perfect set up to do anything. He dropped like a rock because he couldn't handle the car being less than perfect.

Originally posted by paul
No, like I said...many people had tight cars.  

It comes down to ability and heart on whether or not a driver is able to make up for a bad car and still perform.

Jr gives up on his cars almost weekly, he needs an absolutely perfect set up to do anything.  He dropped like a rock because he couldn't handle the car being less than perfect.

I'm sure every car goes to the same degree of tightness as the other.....There is no such thing as one car more tight than the other.

I wonder how far Tony would have dropped if there were more laps in the race?

And I was going by what I had read earlier.....I guess he PUNCHED a reporter.....that's a lot better than kicking one I guess. :rolleyes:

I hate to butt in on this argument, but I just gotta ask this.

Fergy, and I mean this in the nicest possible way, do you have any idea what it means for a car to be tight? "There is no such thing as one car more tight than the other." Of course it's possible. They may all ahve the same CAPACITY to get to a certain degree of relative tightness and/or looseness, but c'mon.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled argument, already in progress...

I was being sarcastic......I know what tight and loose means. What I ws hitting on was some cars are more tight than others.....the ones that aren't as tight, you can drive a little better and faster than the ones that are really tight.....

Back
Top Bottom