"Let’s fight": The inside story of Ross Chastain’s lost ride, a settled grudge, and a bonus ride...

Discussion in 'NASCAR chat' started by LewTheShoe, Jul 12, 2019.

1. LewTheShoe

LewTheShoe Team Owner

Ross Chastain gets my vote as the #1 Nascar story of the year so far. What an incredible roller coaster ride his life has been in recent months... fairy tale achievements followed by crushing blows from unexpected circumstances then rising again from the depths, rinse and repeat. But it all seems to be working out for the 26-year-old driver, who shows up each week with plenty of persistence, grit, and racing skill. I hope me writing that doesn't jinx the Watermelon Man!

And now Brett Griffin, well known spotter and podcaster, has added his unique perspective via a column published in The Athletic (link for subscribers). Brett's insider, behind-the-curtain piece is highly entertaining... and should be required reading for cynics who think Daddy's money is the only way forward in racing.

Ross Chastain Brad Kez Truck 2013.jpg

DUN24, Turtle84, Zerkfitting and 6 others like this.
  2. Charlie Spencer

Charlie Spencer Short tracks and road courses rule.

Sounds like the guy is pretty much everything he's seemed to be for the last couple of seasons.

LewTheShoe likes this.
  3. dirtguru

dirtguru Team Owner

I hope Chastain gets one of the top team owners to put him in a ride. I think they won't be disappointed in the Watermelon Man.

ahhculdee, LewTheShoe and gnomesayin like this.
  4. 2 Sweet

2 Sweet Legend

Wow, GREAT read! Thanks for posting this

LewTheShoe and gnomesayin like this.
  5. sdj

sdj Just a race fan

@LewTheShoe , thank you for posting this, as you know, I have been a Chastain fan since he raced short tracks in Florida. I like him cause what you see is what you get and he can damn sure drive a race car.

6. Turtle84

Turtle84 Slow is Fast

Great insight into how tenacious Ross is, not only on track but on the business side. He is a sponsor's DREAM imo.

Future Star.