Let's rate it!

D

DE_Wrangler_2

Tough day for my guy today to say the least........went from 1st in the points to 8th.

But I'll give the race a solid 7 (would have given it at least another half point if someone had had the car to challenge Matt for the win).

:) :) :) :) :) I'll give it a five for Khane and McMary running so well.

I'd give it a 5. Not a plate "race" but a fuel mileage race more or less. <_<

Overall, a 4 and that's being generous. Matt won which I like. Junior sucked which I also like. My boy had a good finish which is good. But the racing itself...I won't say cookie cutter but...we can't get to another real track soon enough.

Well JR. ran like I never seen before from any driver but at a ford won, I give it a 5

Where in the hell was that mystery debris with 10 laps to go when you need it.

We badly needed a caution with about 10-15 laps to go

Originally posted by N2racin88@Mar 7 2004, 06:19 PM
Where in the hell was that mystery debris with 10 laps to go when you need it.
Jr parked it before that...........didn't have the chance to toss that piece of sheet metal out!! :)

Originally posted by 4xchampncountin@Mar 8 2004, 02:20 AM
We badly needed a caution with about 10-15 laps to go
Yep you could say that again. :cheers:

Kat next week they are down there close to you. You should go down and give us a live report. :cheers:

Geeze, I guess I'm easy!! :D I gave it a 7 with the possibility of at least a 7 1/2 if there was a close finish..........and my guy did rather poorly!! :) The racing was fine, the cautions didn't cause any controversy, fuel mileage only mattered to Kevin, and the weather was great for a race!! I thought it was a decent race....a little better than average.

But, heck, any Cup race starts with a minimum of 4 or 5 for me.........and those are the road courses!! :D :cheers:

Not a chance Gollum :wub: I HATE the drive, ingress and egress from the track, am broke, and with my bad back, I am better off watching it on the tube!

In a little less than 2 months Cutie and I will give a first hand track report!! :D

I just love Amtrak. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I loved seeing Matt win and loved the trouble that Jr. had but overall I give it a 6.5.

By the way anyone know how we stop DW from his saying at the start of the race. Just wondering.

Originally posted by 97forever@Mar 7 2004, 10:29 PM
I take the Bobby Allison opinion of DW: 'He's a loud mouthed idiot'. The less Jaws says, the better. ;)
I agree 97. Have never liked him or Mikey. Even when he was driving a Ford I did not like him.

I'll give it a 7.

I thought it was pretty good racing, lots of passing throughout the pack on the track. Lead changes on the track instead of the pits. I liked it.

Originally posted by 97forever@Mar 8 2004, 04:29 AM
I take the Bobby Allison opinion of DW: 'He's a loud mouthed idiot'. The less Jaws says, the better. ;)
AH YES !!!!!!!! 97Forever !!!! A man true to his word.

No lengthy description or pointless energies wasted expounding comments by Bobby Allison when referencing Darrell Waltrip.

Just say it 97Forever. GOOD JOB !!!!!!Direct and to the point. :D

Oh yes, the race. Give it a five. At least it wasn't a Daytona.

I was at the race, yeah the off-track activities give it the 3. The race was pretty much boring, Kenseth just toyed with those guys out there.

that and my boy ran out of fuel :(

One of the worst tracks, terrible 1 groove racing..............typical cookie cutter where fords and dodges dominate.

Originally posted by 02Pace@Mar 8 2004, 10:13 AM
One of the worst tracks, terrible 1 groove racing..............typical cookie cutter where fords and dodges dominate.
1 groove? What race where you watching?

I can't honestly rate the race since the dang tape didn't work...only saw the first ten laps....a couple of folks told me it was a boring race and if thats true...I'm sure glad I didn't buy one of those expensive tickets and go to Vegas! LOL But it's usually more exciting in person then on tv any ole way!

I can't believe people wanted a mysterious caution for debris. That would just lead to everyone complaining that Nascar is controlling the out come of the race. Come on people one way or the other, not both.

Kenseth gets out front and people want to say it is a boring race. I'll bet a lot of these are the same fricking people that would have given it a 20 if Lil'E (a big atta boy to whomever screwed up his car so it wouldn't run worth a crap) had lead every lap. There was lots of drama. Lots of racing. Even some pit road happenstance. Not every race is going to come down to a finish like Rockingham.
I'll give it a 7 and echo eagle1's comments.

I have to agree with 02 it does seem like it was 1 groove, however if this second groove did exist in the turns, Kenseth was able to make good use of it, the engine power that the Roush/Yates alliance has created has really helped the 17 team, they may repeat the championship, looks to be that way at this point.

Although I have to agree that the second groove did exist in the straightaways, some guys went two wide and maybe in some cases three wide.

Seemed like a good race to me. The cars at the front raced clean and allowed the best car to do what he could. Lots of action on pit road. I never once heard DW singing. The weather was good.

As for 1 groove...you know it's bad when waltrip is running near the bottom.

My rating?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz snoozer. A :p :p at the most. I was hoping to see more side-by-side racing, but all I got was Homestead before the change.

And no, it's not because Junior sucked. Some days you get chicken, some days you get feathers.

You know what was funny?

Before the race, LVMS General Manager Chris Powell said "Teresa Earnhardt also owns the 'DUI' , excuse me, I meant DEI racing team."

Funny as hell I tell ya what :D

Originally posted by N2racin88+Mar 8 2004, 11:38 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (N2racin88 @ Mar 8 2004, 11:38 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--02Pace@Mar 8 2004, 10:13 AM
1 groove? What race where you watching? [/b][/quote]
I will take Richmond any day, that is true mult-groove NASCAR racing. If you want to watch highly skilled drivers follow each other, I'll take an F-1 race over Las Vegas and a few others.............

Back
Top Bottom