Let's Talk About The 2014 Canadian Grand Prix

KevinWI

Oldest Operating Motor Speedway In The World
No race thread? RF.com I am disappoint. :mad:

A dramatic finish! And the young Australia wins his first GP! I never thought I'd say this, but I hope Red Bull has figured out the new rules. Would be a great rest of the season if they had something for Mercedes.

**** was ******* epic. I love Montreal.
It is a great track. Damnit, it's closer to me than Austin. I should try to go some year in the future. Never been to a grand prix and I love poutine anyway.

That race was amazing! It's been a while since I found myself glued to the TV for an F1 race, but I sure was here. I don't know what the hell that last lap crash was though. Dayum!

I'm convinced Mercedes is sabotaging Hamilton, or at least favoring Rosberg. Rosberg gets away with racing him dirty like at the start, and overdriving the turn to gain an advantage later on in the race. And the crap pulled at Monoco was deliberate as well to cost Lewis the pole. And weekly his teams strategy always works in Rosberg's favor, not to mention his engine issues in Austrailia. I think there's a crapton of politics at play between these two

I'm convinced Mercedes is sabotaging Hamilton, or at least favoring Rosberg. Rosberg gets away with racing him dirty like at the start, and overdriving the turn to gain an advantage later on in the race. And the crap pulled at Monoco was deliberate as well to cost Lewis the pole. And weekly his teams strategy always works in Rosberg's favor, not to mention his engine issues in Austrailia. I think there's a crapton of politics at play between these two
----------So, you're saying it's another Mark Weber/Sebastian Vettel thing?

----------So, you're saying it's another Mark Weber/Sebastian Vettel thing?

Yeah I think so. I'm just shocked because Hamilton is the better driver, it also makes me wonder why they signed him in the first place if they're gonna treat him like this.

great race ! best in long time.
like this ricciardo kid..... good drivin all yr. 100% whole race.
.italian who speaks aussie too.
f1's new helio.....w/ that smile.

i'm rosberg fan at mercedes.
hamilton has been whiny preeck since '08.......when he appointed himself f1 high priest who does no wrong.

Yeah I think so. I'm just shocked because Hamilton is the better driver, it also makes me wonder why they signed him in the first place if they're gonna treat him like this.

They also signed Rosberg, and they didnt drive Nicos car, he did lap one on his own.
Nico also did a better job of responding to a problem that developed simultaneously. The one that forced Hamilton out.

Imo, it is subjective, I think Lewis has been an aggressive driver from his first yeat in F1. I am glad Nico is also rolling up his sleaves.
I believe Lewis would done the same on lap one.
Happy Nico is on the lead, and I hope Lewis is more disturbed now than his Monaco pout. I dont think his ego can handle the challenge well enough to win the title.
He needs a weaker driver, and Nico is not submitting, how dare him.

I hope Hamilton performs as well as he did in the 2nd half of the season in the McFerrari. I think Nico has more class and is more worthy.

The strategy is the same regardless of which driver is in front. Whoever is ahead gets to pit first, which is exactly what happened when Hamilton won in Bahrain. Rosberg knew it and that's why he tried to overtake him in the middle of that race right before the stops, and it's why Lewis knew he needed to get ahead of Rosberg in the middle of the race today.

As far as Rosberg missing the chicane...that may have been the first indication of the brakes going away on the Mercs. Except he was already ahead of Hamilton and Hamilton didn't have a chance to overtake there so Rosberg really didn't have to give anything back. Obviously, when Hamilton did it he passed Rosberg so it had to be given back.

And Rosberg didn't race him any dirtier at the start than Hamilton treated him towards the end of Bahrain.

I caught the second half of the race and caught the same half when I caught the replay. I don't recall who it was in the bad wreck at the end of the race, I assumed it was due to a block but the replay didn't show the obvious bock F1 drivers do, I'm still unsure what happened. The race was much more exciting than a typical F1 race.

I ended up watching 1 after the replay of the race. I had seen that documentary before but I still find it amazing how the series worked before it became more organized. The drivers, wives, and girl friends were like a band of gypsies moving from race to race.

Finally watched this race last night. Instant classic! I had no idea what to expect and was on the edge of my seat for probably 3/4 of the race. I was super bummed Hamilton had to retire. I was really pulling for Checo and Massa... Sucked when they wrecked... Totally Perez's fault though.

Happy for Ricciardo. This kid is good.

Does anyone know of a place where I could download this race? I don't have a DVR, and stupid-ass F1 takes down everything off of YouTube.

And he's a Dale Earnhardt Sr. fan! He likes NASCAR like us! Somebody for the Americans to cheer for until we get Rossi or Conor Daly in an F1 ride.

If I ever watch any F1 races he's who I'll pull for. I might watch the Texas one and a few others, I'm not sure really.

Back
Top Bottom