Letter From Home Depot

A

abooja

I guess I was just one of many on this board and everywhere else who emailed Home Depot regarding the Tony Stewart penalty and suspension. This was their sorry response. Nice unapologetic form letter, jackasses!

My own half-assed letter to them follows the response: :eek:

P.S. Sorry for all the asses in this post.

Hello Lisa,

Thank you for taking the time to forward your concerns regarding Tony Stewart. We sincerely appreciate input from NASCAR fans and from our customers, and we value your opinion.

We support Tony Stewart and Joe Gibbs Racing and we will help provide any and all resources needed to see this situation through. We have always viewed our sponsorship with Joe Gibbs Racing and our relationship with Tony Stewart as a partnership, and despite the events of the past week, those beliefs have not changed. We remain committed to Tony Stewart and Joe Gibbs Racing.

We hope that we can continue to count on you as a customer again in the future, since we also support all of NASCAR through our program as the official home improvement warehouse of NASCAR.

If we can be of any further assistance, please feel free to contact us again.

Sincerely,

Meghan
homedepot.com

Original Message Follows:
------------------------
"Contact Us" Form Message From: Lisa

To whom it may concern,

Pretty lousy thing you did to Tony Stewart, hanging him out to dry like that. He is one of the greatest race car drivers in the world, and you should be proud to have him on your team. While what he did was inexcusable, he had already been fined and put on probation by NASCAR. You did not need to humiliate him this way to make a point that had already been made.

Shame on you, Home Depot. I will no longer be a patron. And, believe me, I've spent many a dollar in your stores over the years.

Lisa
Dale Earnhardt Jr. fan!

Hello Paul,

Thank you for taking the time to forward your concerns regarding Tony Stewart. We sincerely appreciate input from NASCAR fans and from our customers, and we value your opinion.

We support Tony Stewart and Joe Gibbs Racing and we will help provide any and all resources needed to see this situation through. We have always viewed our sponsorship with Joe Gibbs Racing and our relationship with Tony Stewart as a partnership, and despite the events of the past week, those beliefs have not changed. We remain committed to Tony Stewart and Joe Gibbs Racing.

We hope that we can continue to count on you as a customer again in the future, since we also support all of NASCAR through our program as the official home improvement warehouse of NASCAR.

Sincerely,

Meghan homedepot.com

Original Message Follows: ------------------------"Contact Us" Form Message From: Paul Fortin Submitted: Thu, Aug 08, 2002 08:55:11 PM Email: [email protected] Zip/Postal Code: ***** Country: Phone: Subject: Contact Us - Sponsorships Comments: To Whom It May Concern,

Your sponsorship of Tony Stewart was the one and only reason I became a regular customer of Home Depot. He is a breath of fresh air in a sport that is dying from autonomous robots and personality lacking no talents.

NASCAR was started by rugged, gruff men and women that spoke their minds and weren't afraid to show emotion. And in a time where everything is being done to stiffle emotions, Tony Stewart came to the sport and brought it back to it's roots.

While being a Tony Stewart supporter, I aligned myself with his primary sponsor and did the majority of my home improvement shopping at your stores. However, with your stance on Tony's latest situation I'm having a hard time bringing myself to support your company in any way. You left him out to dry.

The majority of true racing fans in NASCAR applaud Tony Stewart. The few newcomers to the sport that find him offensive will not be in the sport for long.

I've never heard of a sponsor fining a driver or putting him on probation before. I think you need to rethink your stance and stand behind Tony in every way possible. He is the future of NASCAR and I hope you can be there along the way.

Here is a link to a thread on my website that shows many, many more opinions on this issue.

http://racing-forums.com/bbs/showthread.ph...&threadid=11304

They care for you about as much as they care for me abooja. It was an opportunity for them to get free press and lots of additional exposure with the "for the kids" angle they took. It was a cheap shot and I will avoid them as much as I can......when Lowes opens their store about 15 miles from me I will avoid them all together. No one deserves the humilating publicity that Home Depot put upon Tony. Let Home Depot move to Jimmy Johnson and Lowes to Tony........see who gets the most for their advertising dollars.

Well obviously they wont even spend the money to get a real person to write real responses...I guess they just dont care. Pretty lousy on that aspect too.

Wow, great letter Paul, you summed it up nicely! And nice form letter from Home Despot, I mean Depot...

I have re-read the article on Nascar's website and am beginning to get the impression that perhaps the "fine" was a result of negotiations w/ the newspaper that hired the photog. Even still, they should not have cowtowed, but I wonder if this is the case....

Still think JGR should have done more to keep it behind closed doors. Joe is not the kind to let dirty laundry air....

I like tonys ambition to want to win I wish other drivers wanted to win as much is him, but I dont think supporting him when he goes a little overboard is good for the sport The whole thing was blown out of porpotion but still he hit another citizen which is against the law asault and battery and that race he hit jeff in the pits after the race was over with was a little overboard

Home depo was pretty low to make that big anouncement and give tony more crap after nascar got onto him but then again I dont think useing his pressure as a excuse is right eithertheres 5 or 6 other driver that get just as much or more atention then him

Also none of this has anything to do with his driving ability he is a great driver

Im sorry it might just be my own opinion but I dont want nascar to turn into WWF on wheels

Thank you for sharing your enthusiasm about Tony Stewart's accomplishments with us!

As the Official Home Improvement Warehouse of NASCAR, The Home Depot is proud to sponsor Joe Gibbs Racing and racing sensation, Tony Stewart. If you would like to access more information about our NASCAR sponsorship as well as links to other popular NASCAR web sites, please follow these steps:

--Go to www.homedepot.com and click on the "Company Info" tab at the top of the page.
--Scroll down the page and click on the "Sponsorships" link.
--Once you've reached the Sponsorships page, click on the "NASCAR Tony Stewart" link.

For the latest updates on Tony and our NASCAR sponsorship, please visit us again at homedepot.com!

Sincerely,

Lucy
homedepot.com

Original Message Follows:
------------------------
"Contact Us" Form Message From: Derek Simon
Submitted: Fri, Aug 09, 2002 01:26:40 AM
Email: [email protected]
Zip/Postal Code: 55033
Phone: 651-480-8743
Subject: Contact Us - Other
Comments:
Not that you care, but you've lost another
customer. What you've done to Tony Stewart
is wrong. Hanging him out to dry like that
for personal gain. Anything you can do to
profit off him! How is that ethical? If you
want me to ever step foot in your stores
again, you'll need to publically apologize
to him, after you left him out to dry in
public. If all you guys want is a public
stooge, get out of NASCAR all together! I
know there are only a few hundred of us
boycotting your stores, but with any luck
that will turn into thousands. Shame on you
Home Depot!

I guess I got Lucy instead LMAO. Jack@sses.

wow, a lot has happened since i was gone. i think i have some catchin up to do:rolleyes:

I don't go there anyway. It is like pulling teeth to get anyone to help you. It is one of those places that if you know exactly what you want and where to go you are allright, other than that you are screwed. I like Tony but dislike Home Depot.

Im sorry it might just be my own opinion but I dont want nascar to turn into WWF on wheels

I still don't understand this way of thinking. And apparently I'm in the minority, because I've heard alot of people saying this. But I think NASCAR was more like the WWF in the 70's. How many times did Cale go after one of the Allisons? If anything, I think NASCAR has been losing alot of personality! Am I missing something?

Back
Top Bottom