Levine Motorsports shut shop after 2020

Get That 88 Up There !!

Love United Hate Glazer
This blows. His team was one I have always wanted to see win and we’re always somewhat competitive before the JGR affiliation especially when McDowell was driving. I’m amusing the prices Joe is charging them are too high to overcome during this pandemic.

Snappy D

2017 Pick Em Champion 2018 Bold Predictor
You mean Preacher Joe's prayers and promises of family couldnt save another? Comeon down to HMS and the 48/5 Christopher Bell

AdoubleU24

Team Owner
It's been hard on everyone this year. Bob was still the main sponsor for his team and his company has been hemorrhaging money because of the pandemic. Just a shame, I really like Bob's honesty on the business side of things.
Oh no I was referring to Cole

MRM

Team Owner
The title of the thread is incorrect. He's not shutting the shop, he's selling the team.

jaqua19

Team Owner
Huh, I wonder if this impacts Erik Jones in any way. I see some of you posters pointing out that the team isn't shutting down, just that it's been sold. Will they be fielding a car next year? I may be very well wrong, but it seems like Bell to JGR could be happening as soon as next year.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

StandOnIt

Farm Truck
Huh, I wonder if this impacts Erik Jones in any way. I see some of you posters pointing out that the team isn't shutting down, just that it's been sold. Will they be fielding a car next year? I may be very well wrong, but it seems like Bell to JGR could be happening as soon as next year.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
could be wrong...give me a break

Team Penske

Team Owner
Does anyone know for sure what Bell's contract for Cup racing was?
If someone bought out the Levine family racing and All they own (which wasn't the cars)
does Bell go with the sale????

StandOnIt

Farm Truck
Does anyone know for sure what Bell's contract for Cup racing was?
If someone bought out the Levine family racing and All they own (which wasn't the cars)
does Bell go with the sale????
Bell was a-loan-a driver under contract with TRD, part of the dew we cheat em and how rent a franchise agreement.

gnomesayin

Team Owner
Adam Stern has reported directly that Bell is in the initial year of a multi-year deal. There is no way with the amount they have invested in him, that TRD doesn't have him under control for several years.

StandOnIt

Farm Truck
Adam Stern has reported directly that Bell is in the initial year of a multi-year deal. There is no way with the amount they have invested in him, that TRD doesn't have him under control for several years.

From Jayski
Speaking to reporters Friday afternoon at Chicagoland Speedway, Christopher Bell said he has extended his contract with Joe Gibbs Racing for an additional year, through 2020. However, he does not know if he will be racing in XFINITY or Cup. :idunno:

gnomesayin

Team Owner
From Jayski
Speaking to reporters Friday afternoon at Chicagoland Speedway, Christopher Bell said he has extended his contract with Joe Gibbs Racing for an additional year, through 2020. However, he does not know if he will be racing in XFINITY or Cup. :idunno:
I'm relying on this portion of what I linked to:

"Bell, a rookie for Leavine Family Racing, is in the first year of a multiyear contract."

If it is inaccurate, I suppose talks around Bell will heat up very soon.

Team Penske

Team Owner

Thanks for posting that. I assume the contract is with JGR or is contract with Toyota??

gnomesayin

Team Owner
I'll go with what Christopher Bell says about himself.
I know what you mean. There were many reports in 2019 that it was a one-year extension. It's confusing. However, it's August, and there is zero media speculation about Bell landing with other manufacturers, in contrast to Jones, who we know for certain is on a one-year deal.

StandOnIt

Farm Truck
I know what you mean. There were many reports in 2019 that it was a one-year extension. It's confusing. However, it's August, and there is zero media speculation about Bell landing with other manufacturers, in contrast to Jones, who we know for certain is on a one-year deal.
yeah I hear that. But on the other hand I haven't heard that Bell had a multi year contract after he said he only had a year one. It's a bit mixed message at this point to me. I just took a flyer and think that since Toyota has been trying to do everything on the cheap, it is feasible that they could have given Bell a one year contract. At the rate he is going this year, Bell doesn't have much to bargain with performance wise.

StandOnIt

Farm Truck
not a whole hell of a lot said, most of it couldn't be said if that makes sense?

Bob Leavine media teleconference transcript

gnomesayin

Team Owner
I got an answer from Pockrass, here's what he says. Kinda what I figured. This would make sense why he had a "one year deal" with JGR that got farmed out to Leavine, but is in fact hardly a true free agent and is still bound to TRD.

StandOnIt

Farm Truck
I got an answer from Pockrass, here's what he says. Kinda what I figured. This would make sense why he had a "one year deal" with JGR that got farmed out to Leavine, but is in fact hardly a true free agent and is still bound to TRD.

Gaunt Brothers? That is about all who is left :biggrin:

Hawaii808

Team Owner
If it's not the usual suspects buying...then who?

New to the sport? (Money Mayfield)

Returning to the sport? (Hello Ray Evernham)

Larson and some backers?!?! (Wha wha whaaaaat?)

gnomesayin

Team Owner
If it's not the usual suspects buying...then who?

New to the sport? (Money Mayfield)

Returning to the sport? (Hello Ray Evernham)

Larson and some backers?!?! (Wha wha whaaaaat?)
That's some fun fan fiction, but all rumors and reports are that it's Spire. Which would be no one's preference.

Top Bottom