Little Richard Passes Away

I just saw that. I remember about 20 years ago I was sitting at a stop light on Hollywood Blvd and a black limo pulled up next to me and the rear window went down and little Richard looked over at me and smiled and waved.

Wow, what an incredible talent and deserves a lot more credit for his song writing. Just a ball of energy and there would be no Beatles or Jimi Hendrix without him. He was called King Richard because to paraphrase, he could do it all and do it at a high-level.

Terrible couple of hours as founder of Uptown Records, Andre Harrell, passed away at the age of 59. Harrell was responsible for finding a lot of artists in the 90s' such as Mary J. Blige, Diddy, Guy, Christopher Williams and the Notorious B.I.G.

This really has been a rough year. RIP to both as their impact will never be forgotten.

Wow, what an incredible talent and deserves a lot more credit for his song writing. Just a ball of energy and there would be no Beatles or Jimi Hendrix without him. He was called King Richard because to paraphrase, he could do it all and do it at a high-level.

Indeed. Without he, Chuck Berry, and the foundational blues, soul, and country artists that came before them, nothing that followed would sound or look as it does. It's impossible to envision the Rolling Stones, Prince, or scores of other legendary artists without him.

Elvis gave rock 'n roll mass popularity. More than any other person, Little Richard invented it.

Back
Top Bottom