Loganos CC re-signs

I was confused, I thought it meant he quit

C5cUC71XQAAoLMR.jpg:large

Good for the 22 team. Logano and Gordon have a good thing going, continuity is a good thing.

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-me...n-shell-pennzoil-resign-with-team-penske.html

Penske re-signed the whole kit and caboodle. Logano, Todd Gordon, and Shell/Pennzoil under contract through 2022.

This really confuses me though, I though it was Brad/Miller/Wolf who were in a contract year. Joey had already re-signed in 2014 but Jayski has Brad only under contract through this season.
You are correct that Keselowski, Wolfe, and Miller Lite are in a contract year. The conspicuous silence on that over the winter has been worrisome to me.

Roger Penske was asked about that at today's press conference. He said the Shell deal came together quickly, so we are announcing it now, but we are "far down the road toward a long term extension with Brad, and hope to announce that soon."

Obviously, it's not done until its done. Miller Brewing has new corporate ownership since the last sponsorship contract was signed in 2013.

You are correct that Keselowski, Wolfe, and Miller Lite are in a contract year. The conspicuous silence on that over the winter has been worrisome to me.

Roger Penske was asked about that at today's press conference. He said the Shell deal came together quickly, so we are announcing it now, but we are "far down the road toward a long term extension with Brad, and hope to announce that soon."

Obviously, it's not done until its done. Miller Brewing has new corporate ownership since the last sponsorship contract was signed in 2013.

I really don't think the silence on the 2 team has anything to do with personelle. You've got to believe Roger would want to keep his most successful driver ever. My fear is that Miller Coors is going to take a look at the ratings downturn and significantly cut back or end their involvement in the sport, and since they are on a concurrent contract with the 2 team it's holding things up. Unlike with Shell there isn't a strong B2B connection Penske's businesses can make with Miller.

Saw a video of Joey finding a fan with a banner showing Kenseth and the Mville thing that said "Joey.. You Mad Bro?"

He signed it..
Screenshot_2017-02-25-14-11-55-1.png

:lol2:

I really don't think the silence on the 2 team has anything to do with personelle. You've got to believe Roger would want to keep his most successful driver ever. My fear is that Miller Coors is going to take a look at the ratings downturn and significantly cut back or end their involvement in the sport, and since they are on a concurrent contract with the 2 team it's holding things up. Unlike with Shell there isn't a strong B2B connection Penske's businesses can make with Miller.
Yeah, your post is pretty much exactly what I said. I'm pretty sure Roger Penske will find a way to keep Brad on board even if the new owners of Miller walk away from Nascar, but the deal may be less attractive without the iconic lead sponsor. And Miller walking is not a stretch to imagine. It is entirely normal to scrutinize every expense line item after a sizable acquisition.

I hope Miller stays on board, but an announcement of their contract renewal is now overdue. Like I said, "conspicuous silence."

Back
Top Bottom