Long Beach GP

Hmmm, Newgarden spinning the wheels. Not at as clear cut as I at first thought but RHR still guilty in my court of law.

The push-to-pass advances the fuel mixture to full rich. Even for like 10 seconds, don't think Dixon can afford to use it at all.

Did Mike Hull/Scott Dixon go radio silent? No fuel economy updates anymore?

Screw the team engineer, Dixon. You got P2-P6 right behind you. Run that son of a bitch out of fuel.

Haha, when they showed that shot of Ed Carpenter, in the background, one of the Justin Wilson crew guys was clapping for Dixon coming in to pit.

Who the hell pits with two to go?
Like Paul Tracy said, you either finish 15th because you ran out of gas, or you finish 15th because you came into pit with two to go. The cynical part of me wonders if it was a decision to avoid any perceived embarrassment for sponsors of seeing a car with their logo on the side run out of gas.

Like Paul Tracy said, you either finish 15th because you ran out of gas, or you finish 15th because you came into pit with two to go. The cynical part of me wonders if it was a decision to avoid any perceived embarrassment for sponsors of seeing a car with their logo on the side run out of gas.
yeah I'm with you, run it out of gas.

I guess the computer data made an absolute case that Dixon was absolutely going to run out of gas.

I can see no other reason to pit, and given the circumstances I would have probably just ran her out to the last drop.

That would really suck if true. I just can't imagine being a racer and pitting from the lead with less than four miles to go. Run it until it's dry.

All else aside, Carpenter made a brilliant move signing Conway for all of the road course/street circuit races.

That would really suck if true. I just can't imagine being a racer and pitting from the lead with less than four miles to go. Run it until it's dry.
They might have been thinking about the points championship, thinking you might save a position or two by pitting for fuel. I'd think it was pretty much wash though.

at the most, he would have finished one position down than he did and maybe not even that. Next car behind him was a lap down and the next was three down

I enjoyed it... A bit sloppy at points, happy with montoya's recovery. Congrats to Ed Carpenter and Mike Conway..

Idk why I wrote j Wilson.

Last edited:
They might have been thinking about the points championship, thinking you might save a position or two by pitting for fuel. I'd think it was pretty much wash though.

I wonder if they were worried about getting negative feedback or bad press. For another forced caution on the narrow course due to running out of gas.

Running out on the last lap is one thing, but with two to go, with the available onboard data, it probably gets the paddock ridicule.

Perhaps a racers courtesy when you are absolutely convinced that you will run out

Wouldn't mind rubber bumpers for this race.

Danica Patrick knows how that feels...it cost her an Indy 500 win.

Back
Top Bottom