Looking for info, plz help!

A

Anarchist

I am arguing with a few friends of mine about Nascar innovation and how it has affected todays high performance car scene.. They seem to think that Nascar has had no effect or contribution :(

I remember a few years ago there was a post floating around that lists all the things that Nascar has brought to us innovation wise... Examples: High performance tires, etc.. Anyone have a link to this post, or a page with info like it?

Thanks!

I don't know of any site that lists what you are asking for but I can think of one thing that NASCAR has brought about on most cars on the road today........aerodynamics.:)

I would venture a strong hunch that Hardscrabble or Windsor and maybe even Stridesberry can come up with something. They are fountains of knowledge.

Welcome to the forum Anarchist:D

NASCAR teams do not contribute to technology as much as it did 20 or 30 years ago. One reason is NASCAR still uses carburators and not fuel injection. But they still contribute to advances in internal engine parts (durability) and in suspension pieces. This, of course, is for American made cars. They don't have the same impact on "imports".

Back
Top Bottom