Looks Like Brad is going to steal the title Just like Tony Did in 2011

Logano did the same thing in 2015 in the second round.

One bad run could halt that momentum quickly.

This race was also a pathetic crashfest which wiped out half the title contenders.

The way he is winning right now isn't sustainable. In the end, the raw speed will win. The 4 and 78 are still the favorites imo.

Tony had speed and luck on his side. Unless they find raw speed, I would be surprised if Penske won this on strategy and luck.

Logano unlike Kez had speed that year. I don't see it happening unless he survives the plate track and the Roval and the 78,4 and the 18 all fall out. He would have the speed advantage after those guys were gone. Don't think that is going to happen. Not a big fan of the car being the stars but it is what it is for now.

Nine of the playoff drivers have won at Richmond since the 2000 season. Kyle Busch is the big leader with 5 wins. Hamlin, Harvick and Johnson has 3 wins each. Logano and Bowyer has 2 wins each. Larson, Kurt Busch and Keslowski have 1 win each. I'm thinking Kyle Busch is going to hit the Richmond track on the attack. The Roval is going to be a freaking Playoff nightmare. It's going to be a big win or an even bigger bust for Kyle.

Anything is possible if he has the winning lotto numbers.

It's a lottery in the end. Chances are Kyle wins it after his crew gets him out in front on a late race caution.

It all comes down to one race. He's proven they are fast enough to win races with strategy. They've crossed the line first 3 times in a row. That's not all a fluke, the 2 had been up near the front a good portion of the day.

If he gets to Homestead I like his chances

The way he is winning right now isn't sustainable. In the end, the raw speed will win. The 4 and 78 are still the favorites imo.
I agree with each of the three points you make. However, the genuine news from Las Vegas was that all three Penske cars had competitive speed that week... only the 78 was faster than the 2. This one feels less like "Brad stole it" than Darlington and Indy. Whole lotta racing left to do, but I think it is *possible* that the 2 might have the speed to do the business. Kansas will be the next crucial clue.

I agree with each of the three points you make. However, the genuine news from Las Vegas was that all three Penske cars had competitive speed that week... only the 78 was faster than the 2. This one feels less like "Brad stole it" than Darlington and Indy. Whole lotta racing left to do, but I think it is *possible* that the 2 might have the speed to do the business. Kansas will be the next crucial clue.
Heck as long as he's got top 5 speed, it's enough to get it done, especially with him behind the wheel. He could make it to Homestead and find himself in a JJ in 2016 type situation where he's got a late restart up front. I wouldn't bet against him in that situation.

It’s one race, 9 more to go. Let’s not get ahead of ourselves on definite predictions.

I'm a BK fan and I'm not giving it to him at all. He isn't winning because they are the best car each race, but maybe the best plan, performance, and luck all rolled up. Hopefully they can consistently do it to keep the good runs going....and take him to Homestead.

I'm a BK fan and I'm not giving it to him at all. He isn't winning because they are the best car each race, but maybe the best plan, performance, and luck all rolled up. Hopefully they can consistently do it to keep the good runs going....and take him to Homestead.
IMO the best car seldom wins the race even when KDB is driving.
Team work as we saw in Vegas won the race. I give the last 2 wins to the pit crew.

I agree and I'm a fan also. they did what a top team does when they don't have speed, sooner or later they will catch some breaks and be in the right spot when it happens and it has. Fun as hell to watch, they are scrappy.

I agree and I'm a fan also. they did what a top team does when they don't have speed, sooner or later they will catch some breaks and be in the right spot when it happens and it has. Fun as hell to watch, they are scrappy.

The 78 may have screwed himself out of a shot at the win and helped Kez get away during the ?last? restart. Truex was behind Brad, and Joey was outside the #2. Joey tried to draft the #2, but the 78 had moved up the track and prevented him from getting near the 2's quarter panel.

Back
Top Bottom