Looks like we are going to be racing in the rain

D

danjay6

Yep thats right they are calling for rain Sunday.I am really hoping they strap on those gatorbacks and place those brake lights and wind shield whippers on.Not only will the race be entertaining.But the driver with the best skill whould win the race.I know thats afact because the last time they raced in the rain Martin won the pole by over 2 secounds!This chould be something to watch for.

That would be cool to see them use Goodyears rain tires.

Yep it would make for an exciting race. But wouldn't this give NASCAR another opportunity to penalize some of the drivers if say they forgot to turn their wipers on when NASCAR told them to. ;)

I wouldn't concern myself about a five day weather forecast. Around here they are NEVER right.

But it'd be a nice change to see them race in the rain. Driving skills certainly would come into play more than in any other conditions.

And the next step towards all weather racing should be a road race in Anchorage, AK. in February on GOODYEAR snow tires with carbide studs. :)

Yeah, There isnt gonna be any race on rain tires. I dont know if Nascar would do it. I seem to recall this same thing happening just a while ago, and the race was postponed. But hey...Its Nascar, and rain tires mean Ratings, so ya never know.

I think it would be cool too! Any predictions on who will whine the loudest if they do?

oh now that woulld be one hell of a race! i hope rains LOL you dont hear that often

I don't understand why they don't run in the rain... It would be an even playing field - everyone would be in the rain so no one should complain.

If that were to ever happen (but I don't expect it) - look out for some of the guys that still run dirt tracks occasionally. Stewart, Schrader, Elliott etc. to really stand out - they are used to hanging the tail out.

I hate to give everyone bad news but there not calling for rain on Sunday anymore. It looks like the rain isn't coming in till Monday.

nascar ain't going to rain tires, at least not on such short notice.

Originally posted by 71Fan
nascar ain't going to rain tires, at least not on such short notice.

OH YES THEY WOULD!!!!

But it looks like the Weather Channel is now saying am Partly cloudy, pm sunny.

actually NASCAR has said they have radials for the rain and that they whould run them if it rained at a road course.Plus they have dont it before in Japan for quals..

well, must be the missouri in me.....I'll believe it when I see it.:eek:

Ok, real question, would it be dangerous for them to run in the rain w/ the special tires and all? I doubt it, but before/if it comes down to it and we hear whining and what-not, I just wondered what everyone's take was. :)

No it wouldnt be dangerous they hook up the tail lights and put on grooved tires and the whippers and go.It drives just like the regular car just is alote looser.Lie I have said the last time it rained at a road course they ran in the rain.Believe me they will do it if it rains.

NO QUESTION!

It would be cool to see them run the wet tires, but none of the drivers have experience driving in the rain, and I think that the drivers should be able to test the tires first before they race.

Well, agreed in concept, but nobody would have been testing rain tires, so the playing field is even. And how can you test for rain when there isn't any the day before?

Back
Top Bottom