Looks like Zippy Cost Stewart Another race!

T

tstwrt2win2002

Once again Tony had the car to win,but something was done to it at the end and he could'nt keep up. Then to make thing worse Park had to get into him.

IMOPO Stewart has lost more races in the pits than he's won. I like Zippy, but he's made some real bad decisions.

There was no way that Tony had the car to win. Elliott passed him early, and was in front of him all day. Not just at the end of the race. Wally himself noted that Tony's car had faded during the day also.

At the end of the race I have a feeling something broke on the 20 car. Or maybe a tire went south on him.

Tony's car was relatively strong all day and after the last pit stop was still strong. But suddenly he seemed to fade and when he waved Bill past that was a good indication that something failed on the car. Tony would not have waved his mother past if the car was running right.

I doubt it was Zippy's fault and Stewart had nothing for Elliot. I think too that something must have gone bad with Stewarts car. I was just as furious as Tony over that BS caution that was waved. Was that stupid or WHAT? Was the "debris" even in the racing groove? Jeez, NASCAR couldn't leave that out there for 8 more laps???

I am a Stewart fan through and through. But we didn't have the car for Elliot today. But I think he certainly had a top 5 car. Those 9 positions lost in the last 3 laps hurt alot. However Watkins and Bristol are coming up, he could be moving up the points list!!

Originally posted by tstwrt2win2002
Once again Tony had the car to win,but something was done to it at the end and he could'nt keep up. Then to make thing worse Park had to get into him.

IMOPO Stewart has lost more races in the pits than he's won. I like Zippy, but he's made some real bad decisions.

What decision was that? What mistake did Greg make?

I thought the first poster was referring to 2 tires versus 4 tires at the end. Elliot took 4 and won. 2 tires seemed to work pretty well for some of the guys, but something had to go wrong for Tony to fall back like that

Bonehead pit call of the day goes to Robbie Loomis, not Zippy.

if loomis wouldnt have made the calls he did he wouldnt have did so well!!!! when he took four tires and everybody took less it was because jeff wanted them, when they took none, it was for clean air and i was okay with his finish, he just didnt have anything for elliot

Originally posted by 71Fan
Bonehead pit call of the day goes to Robbie Loomis, not Zippy.

Back
Top Bottom