ParkHere

It's here!

My own....my preciousssss

See ya'll later...it's movie time! :D :D

Originally posted by ParkHere
It's here!

My own....my preciousssss

See ya'll later...it's movie time! :D :D

Well, I guess we won't hear from PH for a few days.

Anybody know of a LOR ANON??, sorry

Glad for ya PH, PURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

LOL kat, no worries, I'll still be here every day. :)

Have to watch again tonight though...between Budgirl calling me twice, and the blasted DVD having a defect in it, must do the quality control to be sure my new copy works OK and see it all the way through with no interruptions! :D

Can anyone recommend a version of the LOTR DVD to purchase? I'm not a fan (sorry!), but a colleague of mine wants to get it for her boyfriend who is a fan. She showed me three different versions -- letterbox, full screen, and some super deluxe package. I always thought DVDs came with both letterbox and full screen versions on the same disk. Which one do you think she should buy?

TIA!

abooja, the theatrical version was released yesterday in two formats - widescreen and full screen. With it being a 3 hour movie, I don't think it was possible to compress enough to put both wide and full screen on the same disc. Go for widescreen.

On November 12th, the special extended version will be released in both 4 disc and 5 disc versions - 30 minutes of extra footage added to the movie for both, which will put the movie on 2 of the discs. The other discs are features not found on the version released yesterday. Still with me? ;) The 4 disc version will be cased in what looks like a green leatherette book; while the 5 disc version comes in a cut box and includes Argonath statue bookends.

If you go to amazon.com you can see what the packaging and contents are of the November versions.

And pbunch...I think I'm just plain crazy...but I'm happy! :D

Whew, that's a lot of info to digest...Thanks so much for the details, ParkHere! When she asked me that question, I just knew I could get the answer from you. ;) :)

Originally posted by ParkHere
And pbunch...I think I'm just plain crazy...but I'm happy! :D

I knew there was another reason I liked you besides being a Nascar fan and kitty lover:D :D I greatly admire craziness in a human, that's also why I like pbunch (but he liked hooters more than kittys):p

I was like this with the original Star Wars Trilogy, way before DVD and before we could even afford VHS.

How are the wee beasts doing? PURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR Kat

The not-so-wee-anymore beasties are doing great, Budgirl and Michele took them and momma to the vet last Saturday. Kids for their first shots, and momma to get her stitches out. All got clean bills of health and in a few short weeks, the Dega-monster will be coming home to live with me. :)

I just watched LOTR for the second time since it has come out on DVD. Gotta love that movie. I'll be ready for the second one, that's for sure.

ParkHere, did you see the special feature on the video game that they are making about the Two Towers? It looked as if it will be pretty good. Supposed to be out in Fall of 02'.

I'm afraid to watch that bit, BC...it'll prolly make me spend more $$! :D

As it is, I'm gonna have to research home theater receivers and speakers cause it's just not the same with sound coming out of the tv...sigh

My mom just bought the dvd at Costco, is it worth watching?

Back
Top Bottom