Lot of empty seats at Atlanta

N

N2racin44

Hmmm, Gotta be the weather huh?

I mean 71 degrees and Sunny come on. We must not take a date away from this track either. We must move the date so that the weather is more friendly and so that more people will attend. :rolleyes:

If you say so.

Did not see that many empty seats myself. Folks likely still moving around a lot.

Originally posted by HardScrabble@Mar 9 2003, 12:09 PM
If you say so.

Did not see that many empty seats myself. Folks likely still moving around a lot.
Guess the first 7 or 8 rows of people all along the front stretch are in the bathroom.

Been going to that track for about 35 years, not with the current stands granted. But, nobody ever stayed in those seats, ya wander up higher in the stands and stand or sit where ya can. Much better view.

124.000 seats. 100,000 filled. Atlanta is a big market. Should be able to fill those seats. Solution: Eliminate one race.

I was in my car coming home and MRN said that there were still tickets available for next weeks race.

Boy, just wait until the fall race at Atlanta. How many do they sqeeze into AMS? 75,000? 80,000?

I too buy the cheap seats down front then wander up to the top somewhere. The scanner works much better up there too.

Tons of empty seats. But, boy, they sure got an answer for everything don't they? It's the weather, it's the traffic. bla bla bla.

There are empty seats because the racing in NASCAR sucks. Period.

The F1 race must still be in your head..... :D

Race hasn't been that bad. I think the main reason there are so many empty seats is because of the prices at the tracks....I've said it a hundred times...NASCAR will choke themselves with their own money.

Definitely today is different, there is some great racing...Jr and Tony going at it for example. And the races for the lead have been awesome. Atlanta is a great track and the racing there is usually good. But seriously, the racing in the first three was sub-par.

People would still buy the tickets if it was great racing, but their product sucks. And having two races at tracks where people could care less about any of it just boggles my mind.

I'm surprised there isn't anymore racing there other than the Winston Cup race.....they should have had the Busch and Truck Series.

A lot of speed at that track...

For sure, it's got to be the best of what people call "cookie-cutters". I don't think any of them are cookie cutters but this one stands out as the best of the 1.5s.

That F1 race was something else huh? Glad you liked it. :)

When they showed the track with Bobby going around with 30 laps left, it looked like half the people have left....don't think that many are standing at the top of the stands...

Back
Top Bottom