Loudon, First Time

DIDIT

Old School Fan
We are planning to go to Loudon Sunday morning. Any suggestions, tips, pointers to help us better enjoy the day would be greatly appreciated. How is parking?

Plan on relaxing, eating, etc. After the race in parking lot.
Give it about an hour and as half before attempting to leave.
Then your escape will be easy.

Leave your wife at home and go to the modified race...:D
You say you're going there Sunday morning so I take it you are somewhat local?

Leave your wife at home and go to the modified race...:D
You say you're going there Sunday morning so I take it you are somewhat local?
I get you about the wife, but paybacks can be he.. We are traveling in our 5th wheel in New England for the next several months and are currently about 120 miles away from Loudon. Loudon and Pocono are the only two tracks in the east that I haven't been to, so I am hoping to cross Loudon off the list.

Parking is easy and free. They get you in and out of the track quick. Keep in mind most of the track's clientele comes from the south, so Interstate 93 is a parking lot all the way to the Mass border after the race (in my experience at least). Take 202/9 west over to I-91 and go south from there if that's the way you're trying to go.

I get you about the wife, but paybacks can be he.. We are traveling in our 5th wheel in New England for the next several months and are currently about 120 miles away from Loudon. Loudon and Pocono are the only two tracks in the east that I haven't been to, so I am hoping to cross Loudon off the list.
When we went to Pocono we stayed at Hickory Run State Park. We enjoyed our stay there. It's about 20 minutes from the track. Easy in easy out.

https://pennsylvaniastateparks.rese...roundDetails.do?contractCode=PA&parkId=880409

Hi Nice Guys!

I am going to be cheeky and resurrect this post, hope you don't mind.

Going to fly over to New England this year for the July race in Loudon. Any good tips for seating?

@Johali - i will check out your accommodation tip there as will need some place to stay. Thanks!!

Going to be in the area for 8 days so will check out some of the mountains, beaches and head down to Boston too.

Thanks in advance!!
Darren

Hi Nice Guys!

I am going to be cheeky and resurrect this post, hope you don't mind.

Going to fly over to New England this year for the July race in Loudon. Any good tips for seating?

@Johali - i will check out your accommodation tip there as will need some place to stay. Thanks!!

Going to be in the area for 8 days so will check out some of the mountains, beaches and head down to Boston too.

Thanks in advance!!
Darren
Any seat about 15 rows or higher and you will see all the action, it's a good place to see a race. I'm from Massachusetts do if you want to know about New england send me a PM. :)

If it were just me, I would be there for the modified race too.
But this time the wife is in tow and getting her there for just Sunday is a chore.
All of the races are good. Have a great time and like some said, be prepared to wait a little when its over.

Modifieds put on the best show there, if you get a chance be sure to check them out.
I've seen them many times. Me and Mr Excitement made it a point to watch up on top of the hauler.

He sure was fun to watch in a Modified, saw him race many times at Stafford and Thompson.
He loved it.I remember the Mods started going out and he grabbed me and said "come on lets go up and watch this". He looked like a kid at Christmas.

For what it is worth, here is what I posted in the race/experience thread after my trip to Loudon last year. I suggest seats in turn 1 for the best view.

A few observations about attending New Hampshire International Speedway yesterday.
1) Arrived for the 3 o'clock start just after 11. Traffic was an easy roll into the track and I was only delayed for a minute or two.
2) Free parking with shuttle to stands.
3) Relatively small midway.
4) Cheapest cup ticket was $35, which was cheaper than Saturday"s ticket.
5) Only track I recall where race style shirts were the minority.
6) Many fans came in late, left early and walked around talking, seemingly oblivious to the race. Stands probably about 30% full.
7) Racing was mostly single file, patient passing, no high groove close to wall and not many drivers "loose" wheeling it through corners. At least Larson made the finish interesting.
8) Multiple VL interviews was redundant.
9) Waited about an hour and a half, took tram back to truck.
10) Waited another hour and pretty much drove out non stop.
Overall it was OK. I don't think I would go out of my way or travel specifically to attend a race here.

Back
Top Bottom