Love this board

S

smack500

I was looking through the other boards this morning and made me realize how much better this board is from the others. Conspiracy theorys acusations of cheating all starting again.

Ahh gee smack, don't know what to say. But if you don't think the guys in the tower don't influence the outcome of the races (and therefore the championship) I believe you might have another think coming. The only reason you don't here a lot from the drivers and teams about it is cause they have learned over the years to keep their mouths shut. Ask The Cat in The Hat and Mark Martin.

As for the cheating that goes on. It's like the cop in yer rear view mirror. If s/he wants to pull ya over, s/he'll find a way.

Nah, the reason you don't hear it out of me is cause I'm used to it. Just been around long enuf to know it's almost (thank God for ASA) the only game in town.:eek:

Just answered your post on the other board and Got to agree with you here as well.

I have often wondered in the face such influence by the powers of NASCAR why no car owner or driver beyond the long arm of the NASCAR regulators has never written an expose of the inner sanctum which runs the sport and its outcomes.

Try running in one of the less publicized and public series and then talk about how little favoritism is present there.

Whenever a sanctioning body if faced with the task of establishing and enforcing rules and regulations to govern the competition cries of foul and favoritism are unavoidable. And probably nowhere more easily attacked than motor sports where the machines play such an important role and the competitors are constantly in search of the slightest loophole in which might be hiding some advantage.

That's all it is, nothing more and nothing less. The same as why a pretty girl can get her flat tire fixed by the side of the road while a fat broad can't.

Everybody loves a winner. A baseball ump signals an out on a phantom double play, or enlarges the strike zone in the late innings of a possible no hitter.

Each and every call from race control either sends a message or emphasizes a previous one. And each and every call is biased by human nature. All ya gotta do to test this theory is to flip a booger at a cop.

Is it conspiracy? No, I seriously doubt it. But it is existant? Without a doubt.

Back
Top Bottom