Mainstream and NASCAR

ChexOrWrex

Ya gotta wanna
Saw this clip on Youtube and thought it was very ignorant and insensitive, if you will. This is how the mainstream thinks/treats NASCAR?

It took Megyn less than 60 seconds to bring up his father’s death infront of thousands of TV viewers. Wow

Looks like a very organized promotional effort to in this case promote NASCAR to the predominantly female morning show audience via the human interest lens. I'm sure he knew it was coming, though the question was phrased clumsily.

In such an awkward setting, Dale really handles himself well. Much credit to him for that.

It didn't seem bad at all to me in terms of TV awkwardness. He's clearly not uncomfortable talking about his dad, he brings him up often on his own. I will say she didn't seem all that polished in that specific role, but that's about it.

Saw this clip on Youtube and thought it was very ignorant and insensitive, if you will. This is how the mainstream thinks/treats NASCAR?

It took Megyn less than 60 seconds to bring up his father’s death infront of thousands of TV viewers. Wow

Dale has always been awesome in how he handles this kind of thing. On a semi-related note, the way he handled Erik Jones and his Dad's passing was absolutely amazing. Dale acknowledged Erik's Dad which needed to happen, and then connected with Erik in a personal way. I was blown away by Gordon, but I think Junior is even better. Just awesome.

Yeah, seemed like a good interview to me. Not sure what is wrong with it or how its cringe worthy.

The women who interviewed Dale was not prepared and had to keep looking at notes for facts.
Could shorten her career if she doesn't improve that part.
Dale on the other hand had his answers down pat.

The women who interviewed Dale was not prepared and had to keep looking at notes for facts.
Dale on the other hand had his answers down pat.

The girl from CNBC interviewing KDB introduced him as the winningest Xfinity driver in Nascar. As usual it was censored .
Want to see an announcer who doesn't have a clue. Hopefully this won't get censored, but it isn't all things Jr.

https://finance.yahoo.com/video/kyle-busch-discusses-nascar-toyota-155200575.html

Probably should watch the clip I would guess. She glossed over the fact that he was a cup champion, kinda mumbled it. Like I said TALKING about the interviewer, she was pretty bad. They are much more comfortable talking about stick n ball stuff they are more familiar with IMO.

They are much more comfortable talking about stick n ball stuff they are more familiar with IMO.
Yeah, silly me; I'd expect them to either get familiar with what they're talking about, or (better, in my opinion) use the interview as an opportunity for the watching audience to learn about the subject too.

As to Jr. on NBC, I'm with FL - these morning 'news' shows are more about keeping up with pop culture than anything else. 3 minutes of headlines and 20 minutes of recipes, movie & pop music stars, etc. They give more air time and attention to the goobers outside the windows than anyone inside the studio.

Now that I think about it, THAT'S who these programs are aimed at: the people who would think standing around outside the studio windows is great entertainment.

Probably should watch the clip I would guess. She glossed over the fact that he was a cup champion, kinda mumbled it. Like I said TALKING about the interviewer, she was pretty bad. They are much more comfortable talking about stick n ball stuff they are more familiar with IMO.
Well hell they're just cars going in circles after all. What's there to talk about? :cool:

Well hell they're just cars going in circles after all. What's there to talk about? :cool:

In recent years the only thing to talk about was playoff implications. This year there is also Junior and THE BIG THREE.

Megyn is a complete scumbag but I thought this interview was fine. She asked relevant questions regarding Dale Jr's life, career and how he's come overcome so much to become the happy, healthy and successful person he is today. Dale Jr is great as far as being as someone who represents NASCAR to the fans and mainstream.

At first i thought so but then it's been 17 years. My guess is Jr. approved the question. Maybe he's starting to feel more comfortable opening up publicly about his dad now that he's no longer driving?

I guess you’re right. It was just worded weirdly.

Megyn Kelly is one of the most recognizable faces and one of the most talented broadcasters in TV News. If they'd put her on MSNBC and not some crappy morning talk show, she would thrive. This morning show stuff isn't her thing, hard news (MSNBC) is.

Megyn Kelly is one of the most recognizable faces and one of the most talented broadcasters in TV News. If they'd put her on MSNBC and not some crappy morning talk show, she would thrive. This morning show stuff isn't her thing, hard news (MSNBC) is.
If she did a better job where she is, maybe she would get a better job.

Maybe she has already thought about it, and she just does not count * championships*.

Back
Top Bottom