Makar to team manager of the 18 next season

F

followthe18

No longer crew cheif. No replacement named.

Can't say I didn't see this coming.

Labontes team needed a shakeup, maybe they think this is the answer. Maybe they get Tommy Baldwin, pretty good timing.

Seems like Bobby got in the same funk that his brother Terry did after winning a title. He just can't compete as good as he could. This seems like a good move by Gibbs, maybe it'll wake that team up.

I hope they find someone of the quality of Jimmy Makar. I'll miss hearing Jimmy calm Bobby down on the scanner next year :(

Good Lord, if Balwin goes to Gibbs, Bill Davis will just have one more thing to bitch about JGR about.

Shame to see such a good crew chief go. Hopefully he will be back somewhere else next year. This may be the shakeup the #18 team needs. Hopefully we can see some good things start to come from Bobby and his team.

Originally posted by paul
What a shame.

I hope that wasn't Bobby's work.

I'll gaurentee you it wasn't, they're best friends.

Originally posted by followthe18
I'll gaurentee you it wasn't, they're best friends.

I always thought Stoddard and Burton were good friends. Goes into a rough period and needs to blame someone else. "Wah, Busch is doing so good, Martin is doing so good, Kenseth is doing so good. What's wrong? It certainly can't be me!" Primidonna. If he never wins another race again that's fine with me.

All I kept saying through the Stoddard deal was, "Look at the 18 team. No in fighting, no firings and whatnot. In a rough spell and they just work harder."

Makar is burnt out. He basically said it in the article. From the way I understand it, team manager is basically a promotion anyway. Stoddard was offered a position with the Roush's truck team, I believe.

Yeah, it could just be saving face, but the article says Makar wants to spend more time with the kids and at the shop. He'll be around through this season, though, so it doesn't seem to be a bitter split....

I honestly think this was very mutual. I think Bobby would have preferred to work with Jimmy throughout the rest of his career.

Can't blame a guy for wanted to see his kids grow up. I just hope JGR can get a good replacement for Jimmy. JUst a thought:

Joe Gibbs, please call Tommy Baldwin, he's need'n a job:D

Baldwin would be a good replacement. I bet he can help the 18 out and turn the team around.

Would kind of like to see a GM or Chevy guy in there, with the new Monte Carlos and all....

Back
Top Bottom