Make it 40 and counting

P

pettyfan4life

Wooo hooo Kyle is doing good even though he aint finishing good but 40 withoput a dnf

I remember drivers for wins and championships. Not the amount of races without a DNF.

Hey!! After the year Kyle had in 2001 this is a great streak to have!! Plus havign finishing at the end of now 40 races in a row is a great acomplishment to have, not many teams can run 40 races with out having a DNF and Kyle is th eone who has the longest active streek!! CONGRATS TO KYLE!!! :bounce:

Originally posted by Highboy90@Mar 16 2003, 07:28 PM
I remember drivers for wins and championships. Not the amount of races without a DNF.
Well I dont get much to brag about Kyle said it him self he is not running for the wins he is running for good finishes and no wrecks

It is indeed an admirable accomplishment and something that the team should be very proud of. Egy's engines are proving themselves and may be very sought after before long. Kyle's crew puts up with an awful lot of doing without and makes the best of it.

Yesterday Steve treated me for my birthday to a day long trip to a number of Race Shops in North Carolina....one of the stops we made was Petty Enterprises and I left there feeling that it is not surprising that they are struggling. The facility appears to leave a lot to be desired, the most needful of funding of any of the other places that we visited.

I did like the Museum and if you would like to see them there are a number of pictures that we took from there at this link Photo Gallery the last 4 pics on page 6 and all of pages 7 and 8 have the pics from our trip.

Many pics got deleted once we got home because the camera started acting up real bad and reds turned pink and anything outside looked extremely bright. That was the only disappointment of the day!

Kel

Great pics!!! Are you the DJ fan that is at Johnny's board? Seems you know JBHatLady

The Petty Museum is movign to Randelman soon and will have a much bigger area and more of the historic cars will be displayed as well as Richard's Civil War and Linda's Doll collections.

I dont go to Johnny's official fan forum (Barb's) cuz you cant seem to speak your mind there unless you are always upbeat and optimistic. I try to be but sometimes my opinions would not meet their high standards so I stay away. I do know Bobbie (JBHat Lady) from Racing Press, that is where I defected to nearly 5 years ago when it was "Racing Point of View" and I decided to move away from JBFC. At Racing Press I am DJFan also (previously DJ42002).

It was Bobbie that put up the pics of this years hat....It is great isnt it?!!! Steve and I have put up many of the pics in that particular gallery.

We drove by the site of the new museum, they already have the sign up just haven't made the move yet. We wanted to know where to go once it was done. They sure do need more space!

Kel

Originally posted by pettyfan4life+Mar 16 2003, 09:17 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (pettyfan4life @ Mar 16 2003, 09:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Highboy90@Mar 16 2003, 07:28 PM
Well I dont get much to brag about Kyle said it him self he is not running for the wins he is running for good finishes and no wrecks [/b][/quote]
Not knocking the guy but if he isn't racin' to win, what is he doing on the track? Why would anyone want to be on that pit crew?

Kyle has said that to win you must first finish!! He right now is racing for top 20s ( not getting many yet this year) Once he gets the tops 20s goign then he will go for the top 10a and top 5s.

Kyle wants to win just like any other driver. But 40 races and no dnf's thats great. Remember a DNF cost a team mega bucks. so who a dnf.

Out of the 37 races in 2001 and the 2002 Daytona 500 Kyle had 12 DNQ's and 9 DNF's So out of those 37 races Kyle was not either in or runnign at the end of 21 of them. Then having 40 races in a row of NO DNF"S is fantasic!! I hope P4Life keeps doign this untill KP gets a DNF ( with bristol next week very well could be next week?)

I don't see Kyle winning this year either! I did after daytona but the next 4 races have just been average for him. I hope I am wrong if now I don't care I am still a Kyle Fan!!

Back
Top Bottom