Malaysian Grand Prix: Sepang could leave F1 calendar

What a bummer. Love the layout of that race track.

Maybe though, Bernie, the attendance sucks because Malaysians are a pretty small market, and that's the only people you have left to watch an F1 race in Malaysia. #foresight

http://www.motorsport-total.com/f1/...inister-bestaetigt-formel-1-aus-16112110.html
That article says it has now been confirmed by the tourism Minister of Malaysia that they will leave Formula 1 after 2018 because of the low attendance.
What a shame, I really like the track, it's maybe the second best F1 track in the far east after Suzuka. The negative banking in the last corner that was created this year, made it more difficult for the drivers.
But there may be still a chance htat Malaysia remains part of the schedule if the costs can be lowered.

It also has been mentioned Singapore could leave after 2017.
The German GP probably won't be held in 2017 and maybe 2018 will be the last F1 race in Germany for a long time.

Bummed about Sepang especially. Maybe this means some other tracks will make returns...

Seems like Sepang and Singapore wants to get out.

That sucks, easily two of the better tracks on the schedule.

Sepang sells out every year for MotoGP. This year, about two weeks after the F1 date, the Sunday live attendance was 100,000 despite pouring rain. These fans are passionate and knowledgeable about MotoGP.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bernie Ecclestone soon runs out of venues to rape and pillage. I'm surprised his business model has lasted this long.

No France
No Germany
No Malaysia
No Singapore

Don't worry, there's an epic street course in Las Vegas juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuust around the corner!!!

No France
No Germany
No Malaysia
No Singapore

Don't worry, there's an epic street course in Las Vegas juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuust around the corner!!!

Nah fam.

Let me get Germany, France, and get Imola back on the damn schedule.

**** a race in Vegas, it's already been done in the early 80s'. Bernie needs to stop with the ridculous experimentation and find a formula and stick to it.

Send em to Talladega and see how good they really are

Back
Top Bottom