>
> A man was sick and tired of going to work every day while his wife stayed
> at home. He wanted her to see what he went through so he prayed, "Dear
> Lord, I go to work every day and put in eight hours while my wife merely
> stays at home. I want her to know what I go through, so please create a
> trade in our bodies."
>
> God, in His infinite wisdom, granted the man's wish. The next morning,
> sure enough, the man awoke as a woman.
> He arose, cooked breakfast for his mate, awakened the kids, set out their
> school clothes, fed them breakfast, packed their lunches, drove them to
> school, came home and picked up the dry cleaning, took it to the cleaners
> and stopped at the bank to draw out money to pay the power bill and
> telephone bill, drove to the power company and the phone company and paid
> the bills, went grocery shopping, came home and put away the groceries.
> He cleaned the cat's litter box and bathed the dog.
>
> Then it was already 1:00 p.m. and he hurried to make the beds, do the
> laundry, vacuum, dust, and sweep and mop the kitchen floor. He ran to the
> school to pick up the kids and got into an argument with them on the way
> home. He set out cookies and milk and got the kids organized to do their
> homework, then set up the ironing board and watched TV while he did the
> ironing.
>
> At 4:30 PM he began peeling potatoes and washed greens for salads, breaded
> the chops and snapped fresh beans for supper. After supper, he cleaned
> the kitchen, ran the dishwasher, folded laundry, bathed the kids, and put
> them to bed. At 9:00 PM he was exhausted and though his chores weren't
> finished, he went to bed where he was expected to make love, which he
> managed to get through without complaint.
>
> The next morning, he awoke and immediately knelt by the bed and said, "
> Lord, I don't know what I was thinking. I was so wrong to envy my wife's
> being able to stay home all day.
>
> Please, O Lord please, let us trade back."
>
> The Lord, in His infinite wisdom, replied, "My son, I feel you have
> learned your lesson, and I will be happy to change things back to the way
> they were. You'll have to wait 9 months, though. You got pregnant last
> night!!!"

:eek: :eek: that is sooooooooo wrong.

What part is sooooooo wrong ?????????

When we got married, my wife had two semesters of college left to graduate. We lived apart during that time and she finished her two semesters in one. Immediately after graduation, she went to work in her chosen profession and my job was status quo, until we bought a business five months later. From the first day of owning that business, my bride worked as a school teacher, housewife and bookkeeper until our children were born. Then her role became that of wife, home maker, mother, and bookkeeper and all around "assistant as needed to the business", not necessarily in that order.

It all came to fruition thirty years later when we retired, after watching our children grow to become happy, productive citizens.

The point: Without the unflagging and unselfish effort by my bride of forty-four years, we would not have retired at an early age and the possibility existed, our chiildren might have taken a different direction. Without her patience and understanding, seeking the same goals and supporting every effort whether she agreed or not, she was the silent partner, always in the background and ready to help when asked.
Without her gentle hand, things would have been a whole lot harder than they were as she was my 100% support during those difficult times requiring making tough business and personal decisions and later, as our lives became more involved in other areas such as teenage children, community, etc..

These days, we have been enjoying life as we built it, together and the days when things were not always 100% and not filled with happiness and comfort, our recollections are of those times include the good and bad, easy and tough, all having been shared and dealt with, with her by my side.

For me to even begin to think of trading jobs with my wife for one day as we traveled through those tough years every married couple endure, changing places with her is not something I am worthy of considering. The recollection of those times are filled with knowing she was capable of each situation and today, we smile about those times, and enjoy knowing we did it together.

Frankly, I'm not strong enough to bear children and undergo the dailly regimine women must maintain in order to keep things on an even keel, which include remaining calm whether under duress or listening to a cranky husband when his world didn't go right during the business day.

Quite honestly, there is serious doubt most members of the male sex are strong enough to handle it either.

So, the question is, which part is sooooooooooo wrong ??????

kelloggs5TLfan said:
> The Lord, in His infinite wisdom, replied, "My son, I feel you have
> learned your lesson, and I will be happy to change things back to the way
> they were. You'll have to wait 9 months, though. You got pregnant last
> night!!!"

If there was anything to this it would show God does have a sence of humor...

You can be sure that if there WERE a god his parents would be shaking him violently about now for getting kicked out of creation-school!
Betsy;)

Thanks for proving my point...

What part is sooooooo wrong ?????????

When we got married, my wife had two semesters of college left to graduate. We lived apart during that time and she finished her two semesters in one. Immediately after graduation, she went to work in her chosen profession and my job was status quo, until we bought a business five months later. From the first day of owning that business, my bride worked as a school teacher, housewife and bookkeeper until our children were born. Then her role became that of wife, home maker, mother, and bookkeeper and all around "assistant as needed to the business", not necessarily in that order.

It all came to fruition thirty years later when we retired, after watching our children grow to become happy, productive citizens.

The point: Without the unflagging and unselfish effort by my bride of forty-four years, we would not have retired at an early age and the possibility existed, our chiildren might have taken a different direction. Without her patience and understanding, seeking the same goals and supporting every effort whether she agreed or not, she was the silent partner, always in the background and ready to help when asked.
Without her gentle hand, things would have been a whole lot harder than they were as she was my 100% support during those difficult times requiring making tough business and personal decisions and later, as our lives became more involved in other areas such as teenage children, community, etc..

These days, we have been enjoying life as we built it, together and the days when things were not always 100% and not filled with happiness and comfort, our recollections are of those times include the good and bad, easy and tough, all having been shared and dealt with, with her by my side.

For me to even begin to think of trading jobs with my wife for one day as we traveled through those tough years every married couple endure, changing places with her is not something I am worthy of considering. The recollection of those times are filled with knowing she was capable of each situation and today, we smile about those times, and enjoy knowing we did it together.

Frankly, I'm not strong enough to bear children and undergo the dailly regimine women must maintain in order to keep things on an even keel, which include remaining calm whether under duress or listening to a cranky husband when his world didn't go right during the business day.

Quite honestly, there is serious doubt most members of the male sex are strong enough to handle it either.

So, the question is, which part is sooooooooooo wrong ??????

Nice to see some folks still remember that marriage is about "We" not "Me".

Back
Top Bottom