Manufacture war

Fordracing7

2018 Pick em Champion
Toyotas dominated yesterday with 6 in the top ten. Ford was ok with 3 cars finishing in the top ten and the 4,14 & 2 running towards the front all day. Only one Chevy in the top 10 and the 42,48, and 1 all had trouble.

It's been a struggle lately for me as a fan considering the fords showed good speed at the beginning of the year but have seemed to fall back behind the Toyotas but optimistically they have been out running the Chevrolets for the most part.

Toyotas dominated yesterday with 6 in the top ten. Ford was ok with 3 cars finishing in the top ten and the 4,14 & 2 running towards the front all day. Only one Chevy in the top 10 and the 42,48, and 1 all had trouble.

It's been a struggle lately for me as a fan considering the fords showed good speed at the beginning of the year but have seemed to fall back behind the Toyotas but optimistically they have been out running the Chevrolets for the most part.

The trip from the penthouse to the outhouse and back happens on a weekly basis in Nascar.

Toyota got their new car and have worked out any buggs. Ford and Chevy are next and I think Chevy will out wait Ford who I hear are working on a new front end.
GM is working on Trucks with their new entree, "The Hummer".

Toyota got their new car and have worked out any buggs.

The new car was never the issue per David Wilson, and the fact that this aero package caused the Toyotas fits last year in the two races it was run at Kentucky and Michigan (old car). What you see with he Toyotas right now is exactly why I love this sport. They were so-so early, and when the new spec motor came with aero stuff in Kansas, they made gains, and now they are starting to peak at the right time. Fascinates the hell out of me how you can get better in such a small box. Instead of bitching about the engineering, we should celebrate it. Just awesome.

Well, Chase was 4th until he thought he had a flat and came down pit road with 50 to go. So, he at least had a respectable run going for Chevy.

The Japanese company definitely has the advantage now.

Only Toyota has downforce ...... all the others produce lift ... much like an airplane wing :(

GM has 8 wins, Ford has 8 wins (7 non-cucumbed), and Toyota has 5 wins.

Ironic how the overall performance seems to be the inverse of that ranking.

Toyota definitely have found something, especially the 18 and 78 and as a fan of the sport that is frustrating. At the end of the second segment the 18 and 78 had a 16 second lead over 3rd place Harvick. 16 freaking seconds. Plus the total dominance by the 18 at the end. Sorry I don't buy into the whole 10 lap fresher tires. Sure it would make up some difference, but not what the 18 did.

Just be grateful it wasn't 6 laps instead of 16 seconds.

As a fan of the sport, I appreciate the time and effort required to put winning stuff on the track.

Toyota definitely have found something, especially the 18 and 78 and as a fan of the sport that is frustrating. At the end of the second segment the 18 and 78 had a 16 second lead over 3rd place Harvick. 16 freaking seconds. Plus the total dominance by the 18 at the end. Sorry I don't buy into the whole 10 lap fresher tires. Sure it would make up some difference, but not what the 18 did.

1. Hand on heart---Would you be posting this if your avi was different?
2. Ford was the rage early.
3. Give it time. NASCAR will share your frustration, and either make something illegal or penalize the Toyotas. If they don't, my guys aren't trying hard
enough, and then I would be pissed.
4. The guy that drives that 18 is pretty good, really.

GM has 8 wins, Ford has 8 wins (7 non-cucumbed), and Toyota has 5 wins.

Ironic how the overall performance seems to be the inverse of that ranking.

IMO....These numbers are due to a fast Ford start, mediocre Chevy performance, and Toyota's inability to close until recently. Hell, Chevy leads the Manufacturer Standings by 2 over Ford, and 22 over Toyota. Weird indeed.

IMO....These numbers are due to a fast Ford start, mediocre Chevy performance, and Toyota's inability to close until recently. Hell, Chevy leads the Manufacturer Standings by 2 over Ford, and 22 over Toyota. Weird indeed.

Let's be real here Ford's were fast but look at some of the places where they have won
Daytona
Talladega
Daytona
Sonoma

All crapshoots....

The new car was never the issue per David Wilson, and the fact that this aero package caused the Toyotas fits last year in the two races it was run at Kentucky and Michigan (old car). What you see with he Toyotas right now is exactly why I love this sport. They were so-so early, and when the new spec motor came with aero stuff in Kansas, they made gains, and now they are starting to peak at the right time. Fascinates the hell out of me how you can get better in such a small box. Instead of bitching about the engineering, we should celebrate it. Just awesome.
I don't think I was doing any bitching nor was I putting down anyone manufacturer. Not every comment that has Toyota in it is a put down.
I believe the post referred to an old tradition that when One manufacturer makes changes the others are forced to follow. Of course the COT killed that idea but it is back and so the argument goes on. Toyota has a new front end, others must follow.

If your old school enough you will remember the days when the same applied to engines. Nascar killed that by doing their own HP tests.

I don't think I was doing any bitching nor was I putting down anyone manufacturer. Not every comment that has Toyota in it is a put down.
I believe the post referred to an old tradition that when One manufacturer makes changes the others are forced to follow. Of course the COT killed that idea but it is back and so the argument goes on. Toyota has a new front end, others must follow.
Chevy is announcing it's new 2018 cup car soon;)

Let's be real here Ford's were fast but look at some of the places where they have won
Daytona
Talladega
Daytona
Sonoma

All crapshoots....

Oh come on, you have to give credit to Roush-Yates engines considering two of those races were won by the same driver/car.

Oh come on, you have to give credit to Roush-Yates engines considering two of those races were won by the same driver/car.

Absolutely I think that Roush Yates is maybe the best engine builder in the sport hundred percent where the cars lack is in the geometry of the suspension the downforce mechanical grip so on and so on and so on I think others have an advantage but in reality what I'm saying is that restrictor plate racinf is not a good measuring stick considering all the crashes the draft and variables compared to a let's say a mile-and-a-half track

Actually spoke to a guy the other day that unloads the parts at the Toyota plant in Kentucky and he said that most the parts are made in Kentucky as well.

For real?(can't tell if you're messing with me haha) Seriously want to know. As I've said a million times before i drive an Avalon and it was built kentucky. I've never been able to get a straight answer on this assembly versus the actual build of parts so that would be cool to know.

No man, didn't take it that way, and certainly didn't intend to suggest that you were. David Wilson was asked repeatedly early this year if the performance issue was due to the new car, and he insisted that it wasn't. As I noted, JGR had issues with the new NASCAR package dating back to Kentucky and Michigan. So, I really don't feel that the new car was significant in Toyota's recent performance gain. The complaint I had heard from the Toyota camp was a struggle to find aero/mechanical balance. Cars were decently fast in the short runs, but then would lose balance in the longer runs. It seems that they may have found something there IMO.

For real?(can't tell if you're messing with me haha) Seriously want to know. As I've said a million times before i drive an Avalon and it was built kentucky. I've never been able to get a straight answer on this assembly versus the actual build of parts so that would be cool to know.

For real. I've never been one for factory work but it was cool listening to him on how they're made and everything. My brother actually worked at a factory that made the wheels for the Toyota plant.

He was explaining how they put the exhaust on and how they roll them down the line randomly. Like instead of doing all the 4 cylinders at once they'll send 4s and 6s together and each gets a different exhaust. Also said they have a 4 cylinder sport that gets dual exhaust and tips that will also come down in the mix.

"Built in Kentucky".....They ain't happy with you patna.

Yea and they employ Americans, but that doesn't change the fact that they're a foreign corporation.

Back
Top Bottom