Marcis Auto Racing at Chicago

71Fan

Well ok, it ain't the Cup car but this is a big step for Dwayne and for MAR in general.

34 #81 Dwayne Leik Chevrolet Warranty Gold 172.673 31.273 -1.067

See what happens when ya don't pay attention. Did not realize that was Dave's car.

Any idea how often he intends to campaign it? Or any background on Leik, the name is unfamiliar to me.

Dwayne is the MAR team manager. Not much on him in the way of career highlights. MAR's webpage doesn't have anything on him, and his other Busch runs so far have been close to home and more shakedowns than anything else....found this at the Warranty Gold Site.

"Driver Dwayne Leik is a native of Michigan and began racing in the SCCA circuit. He then proceeded into Formula 2000 with team Renault and ultimately earned his way into the prestigious NASCAR scene. In 1997, Dave Marcis, one of the most respected names in NASCAR, took him under his wing where Dwayne ran the #71 ARCA car for Marcis. "With his driving ability and knowledge of the sport, Dwayne has a very bright future in racing," stated Dave Marcis."

The car is quite a bit off the pace but he did get in on time. I also imagine that more than anything else they are simply looking to finish. Lead lap would be nice but I seriously doubt it.

Thanks for the info.

Don't see a lot of SCCA grads moving to WC, but I would trust Dave's judgement on this.

Dave can field a competitive car but he is serious need of some $$$. Dem shame that some sponsor won't hook up with the team, but who knows, there could be one right around the corner.

Qualify, finish, compete, lead, win. Seems such easy steps, but so hard to accomplish.

Well ya know Scrabble, he's got no real motor program. And without horsepower now days, it don't matter how good the rest of the car or setup is. Dave wants to take the car to Indy (he;ll be there doing the IROC thing anyways) and Chuck T said he would drive but only if the car has an RCR motor in it.

Chuck can probably bring that fire protection company along to pay for the weekend, but leasing a motor cannot be cheap. It's kinda like the rest of the backmarkers, a mill or two will get ya thru the year but the closer you want to run to the front the more horsepower yer gonna need, and horsepower cost money

Speed cost, how fast ya wanna go?:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom