Marco Simoncelli succumbs to injuries at Sepang MotoGP

Greg

2014 RF YAHOO CHAMP Your leader
R.I.P.

Everyone involved in MotoGP extends its deepest condolences to Marco’s family, friends and team at this tragic loss.

Like most here race cars are my first love.

But a racer is a racer, and I wanna offer my respectful condolences.

I hope Valentino Rossi will not be forever tortured by this tragedy.

Not sure why the helmet came apart. Had it stayed together (and assuming no ribs kabob'd anything) he might have survived?

A proper full-face helmet should have more than enough structural rigidity to withstand 750 pounds of side (ear-to-ear) force, I would think. A MotoGP bike + rider can't weigh more than 500 combined?

I'm always behind in races cause I DVR them so I just finished watching this race. It was so terrible to watch, just to see Marco slide across the track face down and motionless has me sick to my stomach. My thoughts are with all of Marcos family and with Rossi and Edwards and I hope they don't beat themselves up too much over this because they had no where to go and it was just a freak accident.

I root for all the Americans first but Sic was such a fun racer to watch because of his hard racing style. He would have been champ some day. This is such a shame.

R.I.P. Marco, taken from us all way too young.

Not sure why the helmet came apart. Had it stayed together (and assuming no ribs kabob'd anything) he might have survived?

A proper full-face helmet should have more than enough structural rigidity to withstand 750 pounds of side (ear-to-ear) force, I would think. A MotoGP bike + rider can't weigh more than 500 combined?

The helmet popped off, it didn't actually break into a lot of pieces. Basically it looked like the force and the angle ripped the helmet off. I don't think he would have survived though even if he had the helmet on, those bikes ran right over him and I can't even imagine the damage that was done to him because of that. The whole thing was sickening to watch.

Back
Top Bottom