Mark Martin retweets me on deegan

For a shriveled old monkey, the dude was way ahead of the curve when it came to social media and such.

When Mark first started racing, he wasn't in great physical shape. At one point he had a bit of a boozing problem that almost ruined his career. Once he quit drinking, he shifted his focus to the gym and never looked back.
Dale Earnhardt alluded to that in their championship battle I think in 90 during a dual press conference with him and Mark towards one of the last races of the season.

I recommend Mark Martin's podcast to anyone that hasn't listened to it. He just started a series where he's going through every year of his career from 1974 to 2014 and telling stories from each year. The 1974 podcast includes some great stories from Mark's rookie year on dirt. He's also had some great guests on as well.

I recommend Mark Martin's podcast to anyone that hasn't listened to it. He just started a series where he's going through every year of his career from 1974 to 2014 and telling stories from each year. The 1974 podcast includes some great stories from Mark's rookie year on dirt. He's also had some great guests on as well.
His memory is crazy. He's an encyclopedia, idk how the years don't blur together for him.

@Larsonfan1995 thanks soooooo much for this suggestion. love the podcast

Back
Top Bottom