Mark Zuckerberg to the 5

He got to go on a ride along with Jr.

Better hold on Mark!

C66ItU8WsAANWmZ.jpg

His knuckles have changed color from the death grip, plus he looks in need of the old air sickness bag.

AWESOME I wonder how fast JR got the non-race prepared car up to.....
Thing that struck me-WOW LOUDNESS and power. Just as a racecar should be

He's pretty nerdy, but that was cool. Pretty neat that he caught on to that sensation in the corners.

Those damn rev limiters!
Yeah, I loved that he picked up on the grip issue and asked some great questions. It was obvious he understood the concepts, even if he didn't have the vocabulary.

I heard him hit the chip at least three times. I doubt I could do that with his level of inexperience. Like Jr. said, "That's as fast as she'll go."

There was no doubt when I did a ride along at Atlanta the tire to track feel
was really amazing. Easy to feel in the "seat of your pants". Its as if you are waiting for the
tires to peel off the rims in the corners. Cool that was a big take away from Zuck.

I think this why I love Junebug so much, and see him as a person that carried on his father's legacy not for the sport, but the family name. Imagine putting all of that gear on, day to day, knowing the reason you do it is because of what happened to your father. If Junior doesn't win, I'm ok with it now, and have been for many years. He is approachable, kind, and most of all, knowledgeable about his craft. To be honest, I boo'ed the 3 car every chance I got (I wanted that #5 Levi Garrett every week!), until Daytona of '98.
After that, being there for Jr's win at Daytona in 2001 in July, reminds me to this day that he is nothing but a reflection of his families legacy in the Nascar world. He has every right to choose his own path, and to set his legacy the way he wants it to be set.

I think the most important thing as a Nascar fan that went through the "What about Jr.?" side of Dale's death is the fact that he has embraced the sport, is extremely fan friendly, and is more than willing to share his personal side with an eager public. As a Nascar fan, I truly see Dale Jr. as a combination of many people he may have met growing up. Bill Elliot, Benny Parsons, Richard Petty, Jeff Gordon, The Waltrips, The Allisons (God bless them, one and all), the Wallaces. Speed, Shephard, Spencer, Kulwicki, Fedewa, McGlaughlin, Rudd, Irvin, all the way back to the Pearsons and the Bakers. The Alabama Gang. Who knows more about them than Junebug himself?

As much as I hated Sr., then Jeff, then Jimmy, I have learned to appreciate what Dale Jr. can do for the sport, win or lose. His next win will be big, and it may be his last. The one thing he did for Nascar was to carry on the Earnhardt name, and make it shine like it never had before.

I think this why I love Junebug so much, and see him as a person that carried on his father's legacy not for the sport, but the family name. Imagine putting all of that gear on, day to day, knowing the reason you do it is because of what happened to your father. If Junior doesn't win, I'm ok with it now, and have been for many years. He is approachable, kind, and most of all, knowledgeable about his craft. To be honest, I boo'ed the 3 car every chance I got (I wanted that #5 Levi Garrett every week!), until Daytona of '98.
After that, being there for Jr's win at Daytona in 2001 in July, reminds me to this day that he is nothing but a reflection of his families legacy in the Nascar world. He has every right to choose his own path, and to set his legacy the way he wants it to be set.

I think the most important thing as a Nascar fan that went through the "What about Jr.?" side of Dale's death is the fact that he has embraced the sport, is extremely fan friendly, and is more than willing to share his personal side with an eager public. As a Nascar fan, I truly see Dale Jr. as a combination of many people he may have met growing up. Bill Elliot, Benny Parsons, Richard Petty, Jeff Gordon, The Waltrips, The Allisons (God bless them, one and all), the Wallaces. Speed, Shephard, Spencer, Kulwicki, Fedewa, McGlaughlin, Rudd, Irvin, all the way back to the Pearsons and the Bakers. The Alabama Gang. Who knows more about them than Junebug himself?

As much as I hated Sr., then Jeff, then Jimmy, I have learned to appreciate what Dale Jr. can do for the sport, win or lose. His next win will be big, and it may be his last. The one thing he did for Nascar was to carry on the Earnhardt name, and make it shine like it never had before.

http://jeffgluck.com/dale-earnhardt-jr-12-questions-interview-2017/

Back
Top Bottom