Martinsville Pre-race Race Thread

dpkimmel2001

Team Owner
Anyone ready to move on yet? No? Probably not. Maybe a little early yet? I don't care.

Anyhow, on to Martinsville for, IMO, the best track that NASCAR runs on. Tony and Joey should be around each other several times during this one. How about Vickers? He and Kenseth have some history here. Maybe Bowyer, Gordon, & Johnson. The list pretty much endless. Man, I wish I were there for this one. I've got to wait until October.

Thursday, April 4
5:00 pm NSCS haulers enter infield​
Friday, April 5
9:00 -10:00 am NCWTS practice
10:30 - 11:50 am NCWTS final practice
12:00 - 1:30 pm NSCS practice
3:40 pm NSCS qualifying
5:00 pm NCWTS qualifying​
Saturday, April 6
10:30 - 11:15 am NSCS practice
11:30 am NCWTS driver and crew chief meeting
11:45 am - 12:45pm NSCS Final practice
1:00 pm NCWTS Driver introductions
1:30 pm NCWTS race start​
Sunday, April 7
9:15 am Martinsville Speedway track walk on front stretch.
11:00 am NSCS Driver, crew chief meeting
12:30 pm NSCS Driver introductions
1:00 pm STP Gas Booster 500 NSCS race​
NSCS = Sprint Cup Series
SUBJECT TO CHANGE​
Track Specifications:
  • Track Size: 0.526 Mile
  • Race: 500 laps, 263 miles
  • Degree of Banking: Turns: 12 degrees
  • Straightaways: Banking: 0 degrees(flat)
  • Straights: 800 feet
  • Backstretch: 800 feet
  • Grandstnd Seating: 61,000
  • Pit Stalls: 43 pits, 14-feet wide by 28-feet long
  • Speed Limits: Pit Road, 30 mph; Pace Car, 35 mph
  • Opened: 1947

A view from 'The Best Seat In The House'..... mine

IMG_20121028_124727B.jpg

Yeah it's time to move on.

No it's not, but I'll play along as best I can.

Gee whiz, Martinsville will be GREAT...........when the time comes in 10 days. Hashing away for 10 days about a race that hasn't happened yet makes far less sense than hashing away at a race 4 days ago that had so much going on makes little sense.

But carry on. I'll be back in a week.

I agree it is time to move on at least to a new locale. But this is probably the best place for pay back. This one isn't a chase event, I am looking for slobber knocking.

Lagano might as well paint a bullseye on his car.
Will Tony go after him?
Will we see a Gordon/Bowyer 3.0?

Plus new offending moments for the rest of the field. I planned my vacation to be off work for this one.
If the circumstances are right I am going to the race it is currently a 50/50

Like talking about Martinsville is going to stop anyone from talking about everything? This is the track were waiting for people to get paid back at and sorry but this whole Joey v Tony/The world is not going to be over until AFTER Martinsville in my opinion. That's all anyone will talk about heading there. And if someone does take Joey out, then it'll still be in the news going into Texas, which has already promoted the whole Joey v Tony thing. I don't think were going to get away from this one for a while. Just sayin... good luck with that though.

Update on some of this weekends TV times.

• Practices:
    Friday, April 5, 12:00 - 1:30 pm/et, TV-SPEED
    Saturday, April 6, 10:30 - 11:15 am/et, TV-none scheduled
  • Happy Hour 'Final' practice: Saturday, April 6, 11:45am - 12:45pm/et, TV-same day delay on SPEED at 11:30pm/et
  • Qualifying: 2 laps for positions 1-2, Friday, April 5 at 3:40 pm/et, TV-same day delay on SPEED at 8:00pm/et, no re-air scheduled.

Good ol' Martinsville, short track racing at it's finest! I can't wait!! :D

There have been 128 Cup Series races atMartinsville.

Martinsville was paved in 1955. The 1st 500-lap Cup event was in 1956. Concrete corners were added atop asphalt in 1976.

Martinsville - Did you know.....

Opened 1947 by H. Clay Earles, Martinsville, originally a dirt track is one of the oldest continuously-operating race tracks in the US.

The oldest is in my forum avatar. :)

Martinsville, a cool track and one of my favorite stops on the Cup circuit. Did we figure out who is driving the #11 yet? Is Gibbs bringing Harry Gant out to race the car?

The 24 is long overdue for a win at Martinsville.
I hope Bowyer wrecks him again and there's another fight in the pits so we can have something else to talk about for another 7 daays.

The oldest is in my forum avatar. :)

Martinsville, a cool track and one of my favorite stops on the Cup circuit. Did we figure out who is driving the #11 yet? Is Gibbs bringing Harry Gant out to race the car?
Mark Martin will drive the #11 this weekend at Martinsville...Brian Vickers will be in the car after that unless things change.

Mark Martin is so overdue for a win. That poor guy gets shafted nearly ever race with freak accidents. And its always races that hes in the top 10 for the whole day.

I just finished setting my dvr to record the race since I'm leaving for Las Vegas tomorrow night and won't be back until the Mon after Martinsville.:)

Jimmie johnson is looking for some clint bowyer payback from last year. I still remember the **** I got myself into after that race. NO MORE VHISKEY during the M-ville races.

Jimmie johnson is looking for some clint bowyer payback from last year. I still remember the **** I got myself into after that race. NO MORE VHISKEY during the M-ville races.

lol Now I remember. You went off the edge after that one.

Back
Top Bottom