Martinsville 😍😍😍 Pre-Race Thread

I have a few different ways I enjoy the good old all American hot dog.
----------------------
Chili, cheese, onions.
Ketchup, mustard, onion, shredded cheese.
Sauerkraut, mustard.
But, the only thing that beats a good old Coney dog from the root beer stand a couple blocks from the short track in Kokomo Indiana is "4 Coney dogs".:punkrocke

Last edited:
Was gonna ask for a weekend schedule but it looks like it’s gonna be ad-lib anyhoo.

I'm not usually a toppings on hotdogs guy, but when I get to Martinsville someday I definitely plan to at least try one, I mean its tradition

Seeing a picture of the Martinsville hot dogs, it looks to be an acquired taste but I'll certainly try one if and when I ever get a chance.

hot dog - martinsville.jpg

But for now I'll just stick with my hometown Chicago Style dog.

hot dog - chicago.jpg

Seeing a picture of the Martinsville hot dogs, it looks to be an acquired taste but I'll certainly try one if and when I ever get a chance.

View attachment 54843

View attachment 54842
Love hot dogs and Chicago style is my favorite. For thos who have been upstate NY, my next favorite is a "Michigan."

I WILL have mville Hotdog one day. Minus the onions and sauerkraut Extra chilli and cheese!

I WILL have mville Hotdog one day. Minus the onions and sauerkraut Extra chilli and cheese!
They're only available two ways - nekkid; or chili, onions, and slaw. Mustard and ketchup are usually in squirt-bottles but I don't know about post-COVID.

View attachment 54843

View attachment 54842
JR's Red Hots? No peppers & with cuc's for me, belched all afternoon & "graced" the home with flatulence in the evening. DAMN I miss Chi-Town chow no hot dog stands, greasy burger joints or Tom-Tom tamales around here. No bakeries & the pizza joints suck.

Looking like this will be run Sunday afternoon as well. Would it kill Mother Nature to give us more than a few weeks without rain?

Love hot dogs and Chicago style is my favorite. For thos who have been upstate NY, my next favorite is a "Michigan."
Come to R.I, get some Olneyville gaggers "all the way", washed down with a coffee cabinet.

Just thought I’d pop in to say that the radar has been clear and rain won’t arrive until around 2:00 pm.

I often wonder how the drivers and teams feel when they are at the track doing nothing for hours upon hours while it’s dry.

The inability to have rain delayed races at 10:00 am, like it always used to be, is beyond stupid.

JR's Red Hots? No peppers & with cuc's for me, belched all afternoon & "graced" the home with flatulence in the evening. DAMN I miss Chi-Town chow no hot dog stands, greasy burger joints or Tom-Tom tamales around here. No bakeries & the pizza joints suck.

"Greasy burger joints" makes me think of Nicky's and their Big Baby double cheeseburger with grilled onions.

And don't forget the Maxwell Street polish sausage with just grilled onions and mustard.

I have a few different ways I enjoy the good old all American hot dog.
----------------------
Chili, cheese, onions.
Ketchup, mustard, onion, shredded cheese.
Sauerkraut, mustard.
But, the only thing that beats a good old Coney dog from the root beer stand a couple blocks from the short track in Kokomo Indiana is "4 Coney dogs".:punkrocke

I love hot dogs. I have never been a big fan of onions, however, on my hot dog, onions and large grind mustard are essential. Freaking heaven. Never been to Martinsville ( I will get there one day), but I always honor the races with dogs for dinner.

And don't forget the Maxwell Street polish sausage with just grilled onions and mustard.
I don’t know Maxwell Street from Maxwell House, but I worked for a lawn mower manufacturer in the '90s. Twice a year or so, Tecumseh Engines would send a sales team down from Wisconsin with a few dozen pounds of brats and brown mustard. We’d have an after-hours company picnic, grill them and some onions, and toss it all in some warm beer. They’d marinate while we played corn hole, poker , etc. Brown mustard and onions were the only condiments allowed.

“Them’s good eatin’!”

Looking at the forecast, there might be a 50/50 shot of racing tonight. That's my "glass half full" interpretation anyway

People still watch wrestling?

I haven't watched on a regular basis in 20 years. I try and give it a chance every now and then, but usually throw in the towel after 10 minutes. I loved it in the 90s but it's terrible now IMO.

That being said, I don't judge anyone who enjoys today's WWE. A lot of former NASCAR fans will say the same statement above about NASCAR.

I haven't watched on a regular basis in 20 years. I try and give it a chance every now and then, but usually throw in the towel after 10 minutes. I loved it in the 90s but it's terrible now IMO.

That being said, I don't judge anyone who enjoys today's WWE. A lot of former NASCAR fans will say the same statement above about NASCAR.
Yeah when they went PG it really limited what they could do with storylines, language, etc. It's amazing it still draws the crowds it does. I think you and I are pretty close in age, we definitely grew up in the golden age of wrestling.

I don’t know Maxwell Street from Maxwell House, but I worked for a lawn mower manufacturer in the '90s. Twice a year or so, Tecumseh Engines would send a sales team down from Wisconsin with a few dozen pounds of brats and brown mustard. We’d have an after-hours company picnic, grill them and some onions, and toss it all in some warm beer. They’d marinate while we played corn hole, poker , etc. Brown mustard and onions were the only condiments allowed.

“Them’s good eatin’!”

Maxwell Street on the near south side of Chicago from back in the day . . . .

maxwell street - 1.jpg

I used to love WCW Nitro! Today's wrestling, not so much.

Yeah when they went PG it really limited what they could do with storylines, language, etc. It's amazing it still draws the crowds it does. I think you and I are pretty close in age, we definitely grew up in the golden age of wrestling.
Chief Jay Strongbow and Ivan Putski were my guys in the '70s. It's been that long since I've watched the ""entertainment "...

I don't normally watch WWE for what it's worth.. Mostly other promotions.. (AEW), but it's WrestleMania, the one exception

Back
Top Bottom