Martinsville winner throws punches after practice

Few guys posted about it at the pre Phoenix race thread already.

This kid's head appears to be in the clouds after that win. Punching a guy still strapped to his seat is pretty chicken****.

This kid's head appears to be in the clouds after that win. Punching a guy still strapped to his seat is pretty chicken****.

Do the Trucks not have brakes in PRACTICE? Wrecking a guy in practice is pretty chicken**** as well.

Do the Trucks not have brakes in PRACTICE? Wrecking a guy in practice is pretty chicken**** as well.

You cant expect a guy to have everything down in his very first race. So he misjudged his closing speed and wrecked the guy. It happens.

Doesn't give you carte blanche to go punch a defenseless guy.

Chicken****, like I said.

You cant expect a guy to have everything down in his very first race. So he misjudged his closing speed and wrecked the guy. It happens.

There were no punches thrown and the 'defenseless' driver was wearing a damn helmet. First truck race or not.. I assume it was not his first time entering turn 3 at any racetrack. Idk wtf he was thinking really. He races into three and up the hill.. In practice.

I feel like Bubba was tame there. He walked away after like 5 seconds, and hopefully woke the dude up a little bit..

You didn't see Ricky going and punching Danica

There were no punches thrown and the 'defenseless' driver was wearing a damn helmet. First truck race or not.. I assume it was not his first time entering turn 3 at any racetrack. Idk wtf he was thinking really. He races into three and up the hill.. In practice.

I feel like Bubba was tame there. He walked away after like 5 seconds, and hopefully woke the dude up a little bit..

Did you missed the video where he ran up to the guy and and definitely reach up to him more than once. Looked like punches to me.

The fact that he was still wearing a helmet makes things worse. Any sudden movement wearing that thing can cause leasions or worse.

The Hans device is there for a reason. Last thing you need is some dummy rocking your helmet while being held tight by the device.

Did you missed the video where he ran up to the guy and and definitely reach up to him more than once. Looked like punches to me.

The fact that he was still wearing a helmet makes things worse. Any sudden movement wearing that thing can cause leasions or worse.

The Hans device is there for a reason. Last thing you need is some dummy rocking your helmet while being held tight by the device.

Lesions? Are you serious? You forgot to mention the pain and embarrassment of hemorrhoids. :rolleyes:

It's hard to think of a better time to take punches to the head, considering the seat, helmet and hans are designed to protect the driver during 180 mph crashes.

I put 90% of that on DWj for coming down so hard in practice. You have to know who you are racing around, and expecting the newb to adjust his braking and entry properly is risky.

I said DWj was a hard nosed racer who won't take any crap. I sure hope he makes it to cup soon. If Tony ever suggests that infield boxing ring again, he'll get more than he can handle with this kid.

I agree. Yet, Spencer was/is widely considered a hero for doing it to KuBu.

Wallace should've trotted up and thrown his helmet at him;)

Question just to spark a debate, but would you consider a driver keeping his helmet on(not this guy in this case) when he goes to try and start a fight, a chicken**** move?

They probably wouldn't keep their helmets on if a stylist was quickly available to fix their hair.

Sounds like Wallace has let the win go to his head. Wont be long before he is yanked down a notch or 3.

Again , isn't this the type of action that we want from these guys ?

I want it, where I agree maybe he should had let him get out the truck first, doing things like this is better then wrecking someone on the track(not counting short track spin outs) Fight it out, not wreck it out.

Sounds like Wallace has let the win go to his head. Wont be long before he is yanked down a notch or 3.

Yeh! Wallace let the win go to his head alright. The guy sent Wallace spinning him into the wall during practice and Wallace reacted like any other driver.
Keep an eye on Wallace. He's going to be a winner in the Sprint Cup series before long and he'll stand up for himself when necessary.

Question just to spark a debate, but would you consider a driver keeping his helmet on(not this guy in this case) when he goes to try and start a fight, a chicken**** move?
These drivers have their helmets on for hours at a time for 4/7 days a week. I think they're so used to them that they don't think about taking it off. Now, if you're in Chad's position the best thing to do when someone approaches your vehicle is to stay in & keep your helmet on.

These drivers have their helmets on for hours at a time for 4/7 days a week. I think they're so used to them that they don't think about taking it off. Now, if you're in Chad's position the best thing to do when someone approaches your vehicle is to stay in & keep your helmet on.

Yeah, in this case it's smart to keep it on cause less chance for you to get hurt from it.

I think you get what I mean cause of the start of it, but I meant more like if you go up to driver after a race and get in their face and try to start stuff when you still got your helmet on and the other driver doesn't, that's kind of makes you seem as if your scared and also let me use a different word this time haha chicken s because you can do more to them, then they can to you if a fight was to break out.

Yeah, in this case it's smart to keep it on cause less chance for you to get hurt from it.

I think you get what I mean cause of the start of it, but I meant more like if you go up to driver after a race and get in their face and try to start stuff when you still got your helmet on and the other driver doesn't, that's kind of makes you seem as if your scared and also let me use a different word this time haha chicken s because you can do more to them, then they can to you if a fight was to break out.
To me it just means they are hyped up & wanted to get to them as soon as they got out their car/truck. Taking your helmet off gives you too much time to calm down :p

I'm from the school of thought that says you don't hit a guy when he can't hit you back. It's called a sucker punch, even if he did see it coming. Gutless move by Wallace IMO.

I watched that video five times and DWj Punched the other driver three times while he was strapped in his truck, good bad or indifferent, that is what happened according to the video I saw and I think it was as has been said chickensheet.

This would make golf a lot more interesting, too. Daly FTW!

Yeh! Wallace let the win go to his head alright. The guy sent Wallace spinning him into the wall during practice and Wallace reacted like any other driver.
Keep an eye on Wallace. He's going to be a winner in the Sprint Cup series before long and he'll stand up for himself when necessary.
I didnt see the wreck. But seriously, punch a guy over a wreck in practice? Wallace is a long way from ever siting in a cup car let alone winning.

My dad once went to talk to a driver who wrecked him after a race. He left his helmet in his car and ended up spending the night in the hospital because he got hit in the head from behind by someone. It might make you seem like a sissy, but it's smart to leave your helmet on.

He won't make empty speeches like most of the cup drivers.

My dad once went to talk to a driver who wrecked him after a race. He left his helmet in his car and ended up spending the night in the hospital because he got hit in the head from behind by someone. It might make you seem like a sissy, but it's smart to leave your helmet on.

That's insane. I hope someone went to jail.

There is an old saying in racing, sometimes ya just gotta punch someone in the face. Now that's not really a saying, in fact i just made it up. It's very fitting though.

Probably won't be tweeting and texting his ass off like Hamlin and Bad Brad either. :)

The Denny - Joey bitchfest was hilarious.

I also think it was funny that Jr said they were following it on twitter, then swore he had someone else checking it for him. Some drivers say they are too cool for twitter, but Dale got busted.

There is an old saying in racing, sometimes ya just gotta punch someone in the face. Now that's not really a saying, in fact i just made it up. It's very fitting though.

The new saying is 'sometimes you have to pull some ones hair or throw a water bottle at them'.

Back
Top Bottom