Marussia test driver De Villota fighting for her life

dpkimmel2001

Team Owner
What a freak accident.

Marussia test driver Maria De Villota has sustained 'life-threatening injuries' in a testing accident in Cambridgeshire ahead of this weekend's British Grand Prix.

The 32-year-old Spaniard was taking part in her first test for the Formula One team at Duxford Airfield on Tuesday morning when she crashed into a support truck after completing her opening installation lap.

Read full story here.

Very sad news , she apparently ran into the rear of the transporter when she came back into the pit area . And as low as those cars are , she likely went under the truck . It's been announced that she has serious head injuries . No definite word on what caused the crash as far as i know . Hopefully she makes a complete recovery .

They also said she is in critical, but stable condition.

This whole thing is really a shame. So close to living the dream and competing in F1, all completely ended by a freak accident.

This whole thing is really a shame. So close to living the dream and competing in F1, all completely ended by a freak accident.

I feel sad for her. All jobs require hazards. It just sucks when it becomes a reality.

There are pictures leading up to the accident on here...

Really terrible accident but why the hell was that truck parked there in the first place? A little common sense could have prevented this whole thing.

I hope she gets a speedy recovery but it's a shame her career and almost life was ruined over something that can and should have been prevented.

Very sad to hear the news. I did try to find a more recent report but everything I am finding is more than 3 or 4.days ago.
I fear the worse, as well as having to remove the eye, they also were operating on a 'skull injury'.

I usually try to post on the silly side, but this is just a terrible tragedy and most serious. I am not sure of the worth of my prayers, but this racer and her family has a huge burden or a difficult road ahead of them. I wish them only the best.

Very sad to hear the news. I did try to find a more recent report but everything I am finding is more than 3 or 4.days ago.
I fear the worse, as well as having to remove the eye, they also were operating on a 'skull injury'.

I usually try to post on the silly side, but this is just a terrible tragedy and most serious. I am not sure of the worth of my prayers, but this racer and her family has a huge burden or a difficult road ahead of them. I wish them only the best.

http://en.m.wikinews.org/wiki/De_Vi...to_family_after_Tuesday's_crash?dpl_id=476643

Here's an update on her Greg from an hour or so ago.

Back
Top Bottom