Massa's Accident

A

ajk112802

I was watching qualifying this morning and saw this bizzare accident as it happened. A spring fell off Barrichello's car and hit Massa in the helmet. It seemed to knock him out or stun him at least. He drove into the nearby tire barrier, luckily regaining awareness and hitting the breaks shortly before he hit. He was conscious but airlifted to the hospital for observation for a possible concussion. It was one of those "freak accidents" that could have been much worse.

Updated reports say he has a fracture to his skull and a concussion.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/32143237/ns/sports-motor_sports/

Breaking News (@BreakingNews on Twitter):
AP: Ferrari says Felipe Massa underwent successful surgery after sustaining skull fracture in a high-speed crash at Hungarian Grand Prix.3 minutes ago from BNO Headquarters

BREAKING NEWS
AP: Hospital officials say Ferrari's Felipe Massa is in "life-threatening" condition following surgery on skull fracture.

I wish him the best. The first 24 hours are going to be the most critical on if he makes it or not.

Enclosed ****pits. It's the only way to avoid these tragedies. Open wheel drivers are too vulerable to debris like this.

an inch or two lower,,,

mass2_516x350_50445a.jpg

Massa gave his first interview since the accident.

I remember reading an article about Massa's condition last week. In it his doctor said that after coming out of the medically induced coma Massa was able to:

#1 - Hold clear and coherant conversations
#2 - Speak to multiple people
#3 - Use 3 different languages

I never hold coherant conversations, avoid talking to people, and can only speak one language (and not very well at that). Hell, Massa's got me beat on all 3 counts, and I haven't even taken a blow to the head! At least not that I remember.

:D

Back
Top Bottom