Matt Borland (Crew Chief for Ty Dillon) Suspended

ChexOrWrex

Ya gotta wanna

First pre-workout supplements, now coffee.

Just say no kids.

Cracking down lately

Lets remember that some of these substances are fine in NASCAR’s eyes, until NASCAR believes they are being used in an unsafe manner.

I hope Borland escaped NASCAR’s wrath on his lawn fertilizer.

this substance seems more serious than they are letting on. lots of people have failed sports drug tests with it. They always try to say it was cold medicine or something. I have a tuff time thinking nascar wouldn't do what they could to work with people who tested for marginal substances. a suspension is a big deal for a person. I doubt they do it for minor cold medicine.

It's a speed like ingredient, a stimulant. Like white crosses back in the day. I think his problem is much greater than an accidental sip of the wrong coffee

What the hell is diet coffee?
DMAA is in many drinks listed as a “weight loss” or “muscle building” supplement so probably some fake energy coffee flavored drink marketed towards the fitness industry.

Real coffee has 0 calories so the marketing is stupid.

"It would be kinda a hard alibi like AJ had. Drinking it from a friend would sound kinda weak. He might try the Jethro approach. Boy howdy, sheet fire, that stuff just lit me up and I could work on the car for days without sleeping.

I like NASCAR's tough drug policies. Baseball lost all it's integrity in the 90s with it's prevalent steroid use I don't want NASCAR going down the same path.
Yeah me too. Nascar is a long way from perfect but in comparison, you have to turn your head on a lot of things in the stick n ball world. Those guys didn't get that big from eating their veggies.

Real coffee has 0 calories so the marketing is stupid.

That was my thought as well. You would THINK that these guys would be suspicious of ANY product marketed under "diet, weight loss, energy, muscle boosting", etc, etc. If in doubt, send a sample to NASCAR and let THEM tell you if it's OK to use or not.

Reactions: Pat
That was my thought as well. You would THINK that these guys would be suspicious of ANY product marketed under "diet, weight loss, energy, muscle boosting", etc, etc. If in doubt, send a sample to NASCAR and let THEM tell you if it's OK to use or not.
I am with you on this one! The other day I saw organic water for sale. Wonder what substances it contains?

According to the FDA its illegal to be in any dietary product. So why is there drinks available?

According to the FDA its illegal to be in any dietary product. So why is there drinks available?
Exactly. I think these things are just a matter of, sometime people just use drugs and get caught.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I like NASCAR's tough drug policies. Baseball lost all it's integrity in the 90s with it's prevalent steroid use I don't want NASCAR going down the same path.
Energy drinks and pre work out supplements compared to performance enhancing steroids?

Come on.

Energy drinks and pre work out supplements compared to performance enhancing steroids?

Come on.

I'd rather have a sanctioning body too strict than too lax, especially since it is very easy to get back into NASCAR after the road to recovery. NASCAR is very proactive than re-active as MLB and other stick and ball sports are where if you are found to have a substance in you you get banned x number of games.

NASCAR, as far as I know, you're allowed back in after taking the road to recovery.

Im sure NASCAR will use good judgement on his case, they have no Ill will.

Traffic on the Road to Recovery is getting heavy.

Come on.
Yeah. This is stupid beyond comparison. It’s no wonder NASCAR has lost their mojo. Idiots at the top down.

Back
Top Bottom