Mayfield/19 News

kat2220

Super Moderator
Staff member
Statement from Ray Evernham on the Leadership for the No. 19 Dodge Dealers/UAW Dodge Charger

Posted on October 27, 2005

Email This Page

Print This Page

"We have decided to make a change on the leadership team for the No. 19 Dodge Dealers/UAW Dodge Charger driven by Jeremy Mayfield. The team, led by Team Director Kenny Francis for the past three years, has shown great promise and potential. We've qualified for the Chase for the Championship for the second year in a row. But, we have high expectations for this team, both for the remainder of the 2005 season and for next year.

"We still have four races to run this season, all of which are on tracks where we've been successful. We're confident that we can re-energize this team to bring home solid finishes in these last four races and move up in the Chase for the Championship. We are already planning for next year, and we recognize that we need to make several changes to regain the momentum this team had earlier in the year and to ensure we have the right people in the right places to win races and a championship.

"As part of this change, Richard "Slugger" Labbe will no longer serve as crew chief for the team. Kenny Francis will continue to lead the team as he has the last three years, and Mike Shiplett, currently the car chief for the team, will share Labbe's duties with Francis. Slugger Labbe made good contributions to this team this year, and we wish him well as he pursues other opportunities."

*SpeedMedia

So Slugger get's screwed. Won't help the performance of the #19 a bit.

What is it about Ray taking DEI rejects? Labbe then Rondeau? I wonder if Slugger will end up at Yates...

bumpzter said:
So Slugger get's screwed. Won't help the performance of the #19 a bit.

Slugger got screwed ??? I don't think so. After all, he is rumored to be talking to Yates (and others) so Evernham is going to need a new crew chief and the time to get one or at least start looking, is now.
In most business operations, as soon as word of an employee looking elsewhere gets to the front office, the person is history and barely has time to clean out their desk. Evernham had an option and used it.

True enough it might not help the performance of the #19, and most likely will not, but that is a moot point since the release of Labbe by Evernham became a forced issue once Slugger chose to look elsewhere.

Maybe you have inside information. Whizzer. I don't. From here it just looks like the results of the team are not what expected, so somebody has to go. In this case it's the crew chief.

Nope i heard he was looking at Yates also....just seems like Ray is watching his butt. Makes perfect sense to me.

Back
Top Bottom