Mayfield arrested

Go Panthers

We are the people our parents warned us about
Guess his lawsuit just went down the toilet sicne he could not flush the drugs before he got busted!!!

What a waste! I suppose there will still be those doubters out there about his drug history and NASCAR's suspension but this sure strengthens NASCAR's case IMO. I'm done wishing good things for a guy that felt the need to piss his life away. :(

Hmm the pressure of the last few years drove him to drugs.

Yeah, that's the ticket.;)

I used to think that this guy had a real complaint. He got caught in a drug test and appealed so he could keep driving. The next NASCAR drug test showed he had enough drugs in him to kill him, but Mayfield had walked down the street and got tested at another lab 40 minutes after NASCAR's lab drew blood. That independant test came up clean.

Now, I don't care. He's a druggie, and he'll lose another job as a driver for FeDex.

Found this picture of Brian reacting to the news.....

NASCAR+Hall+of+Fame+Induction+cwXsqUdGjjnl.jpg

DP, that's sooooo wrong! :D

If the arrest was legitimate one would have to say that NASCAR was justified in their actions. Tragic...

mugshot.jpg

More on this from here.

Mayfield Arrested On Drug Possession Charge

Jeremy Mayfield's fall from grace is now nearly complete.

The suspended NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver was arrested in his Catawba, NC, home Tuesday night and charged with possession of methamphetamine. A spokesperson for the Catawba County Sheriff's Office says deputies executed a search warrant at Mayfield's home last night after receiving a tip that there was stolen property belonging to the Red Bull Racing NASCAR Sprint Cup Series team inside the residence. Once inside, deputies discovered approximately 1.5 grams of methamphetamine and a number of items believed to be stolen. Mayfield is currently charged only with possession of methamphetamine, pending verification that the items taken from his home are indeed stolen. Sheriff's deputies also confiscated approximately 50 guns from the Mayfield home.

Mayfield was released on $3,000 bond and is scheduled to appear in court Wednesday morning. He was suspended indefinitely from NASCAR after failing a random drug test in May of 2009, but has steadfastly maintained his innocence, claiming his test results were falsely skewed by his use of Adderal prescribed for Attention Deficit Disorder and an over-the-counter allergy medication Claritin D and . accusing NASCAR of altering the results of his drug test, failure to follow proper drug screening protocol.

Red Bull Racing President Jay Frye said today that he has no knowledge of the investigation, beyond what has been reported. “We had some stuff stolen a few months back; some electronics and other items," he said. "We provided a list of the stolen items to law enforcement at the time, and we have spoken with them periodically on the status of the case. At this point, we’re waiting to hear whether any of the items that were recovered (at Mayfield’s residence) belonged to us. At this moment, I have no idea.”

From Dave Moody of MRN and how true it is.....

Hopefully, this will be the "rock bottom" that gets Jeremy the help he needs. It's never too late, until you're dead.

I read some comments on another site and some people on there were still insisting that NASCAR has something to do with this arrest. If NASCAR wanted to railroad Mayfield, they wouldn't have waited over 2 years to do after everything has died down with him.

Besides, if these people that felt NASCAR was out to get him had listened to those that worked around Mayfield or some of the media people regularly in the garage area, they would have realized he was not clean. But I guess so many people were fed up with what NASCAR doing they didn't bother looking or listening for the truth.

Prison official to Jeremy: "If you need anything just rattle the cage".

I use to think maybe Nascar screwed him over cause of the two drug test in the same day and one saying he was clean but I mean if it was found in his house their isn't much that can be said to defend him now.

I use to think maybe Nascar screwed him over cause of the two drug test in the same day and one saying he was clean but I mean if it was found in his house their isn't much that can be said to defend him now.

Oh yes there is! He was renting the house from Brian France. ;)

In addition to the drugs and weapons, they also confiscated nearly $100k in stolen itmes. Talk about falling off the deep end.

In addition to the drugs and weapons, they also confiscated nearly $100k in stolen itmes. Talk about falling off the deep end.

Yeah, losing your drugs and guns is bad enough, and now this! ;)

Lol why did Mayfield take anything he stole back to his house where the drugs are? Eventualy he must of known someone would go looking for the stuff he stole.

He didn't steal anything France planted it there along with the dope.:rolleyes::sarcasm:

Back
Top Bottom