Mayfield extension?

W

Ward Burton

Hearing that Jeremy Mayfield, driver of the #19 Dodge Dealers Dodge is close to signing a contract extension with Evernham Motorsports. Should put to rest the rumors he is leaving or being booted.

Looks like that will stop all talk of Atwood comming back to the 19. :lol:

What has Mayfield done to deserve an extension? Does he have incriminating pictures of Ray Evernham or something? <_<

Originally posted by 4xchampncountin@Jul 27 2003, 08:56 PM
What has Mayfield done to deserve an extension? Does he have incriminating pictures of Ray Evernham or something? <_<
For a while he had like 5 straight top 15 finishes!

I can't say that I have ever like Mayfield. It just seems like the guy has a attitude that he is so good, and to be honest to me it doesn't seem that he is anything more than a average driver.

Originally posted by Oldgoat@Jul 28 2003, 06:18 AM
I can't say that I have ever like Mayfield. It just seems like the guy has a attitude that he is so good, and to be honest to me it doesn't seem that he is anything more than a average driver.
amen.

Photos: Ray and the farm animal = contract extension :lol:

I like Mayfield but I don't think he deserves a contract extension.

Mayfield does not deserve the #19 ride. Here is a clear point: Mayfield was driving the #12 ride in 2000, finished 24th in the standings. Mayfield drove the same car in 2001, was around 24 in the standings when he left the team. Mike Wallace took over and ran very well in the car, much better than Mayfield. In comes Ryan Newman, essentially the same #12 team, and makes it a top 5 race car.

Back
Top Bottom