Mayfield To The #1

T

toddgee24

just read at jayski that mayfield may be first in line for the #1 car next year, cant see why, but if that happens maybe atwood will get his ride back that he shouldnt have lost in the first place.

No, I think Jaski is wrong; he's going to be replacing whoever is in the number 8 :lol:
Seriously-not going to happen; DEI has the money to spend to get a winner in that seat even if it means going outside of NASCAR.

That would not be an upgrade at all. Jeremy is not the answer. Plus, I don't think Atwood is the answer. Does he deserve another chance?

Originally posted by redrock@Jun 9 2003, 10:21 AM
No, I think Jaski is wrong; he's going to be replacing whoever is in the number 8 :lol:
that ain't even funny. :eek:

I don't think Atwood is the answer. Does he deserve another chance?
he wasnt given a full chance, anyone remember kurt busch first year? garbage, now look at him, give atwood good equipment and lets see what he can do, ultra motorsports dont have good equipment, look how atwood was running befor he had mechanical problems in this race. and atwood almost won homestead in his rookie year, mayfield hasnt come close to doing a thing in that ride

I can't see DEI getting Mayfield to drive the 1 car. But then again they did get Jeff Green. ?????

*fainting*

Please pass the smelling salts. I don't know if I can handle the thought of Jeremy driving for DEI. He hasn't done diddly since DE put the curse on him.

Originally posted by toddgee24@Jun 9 2003, 06:51 PM
I don't think Atwood is the answer. Does he deserve another chance?
he wasnt given a full chance, anyone remember kurt busch first year? garbage, now look at him, give atwood good equipment and lets see what he can do, ultra motorsports dont have good equipment, look how atwood was running befor he had mechanical problems in this race. and atwood almost won homestead in his rookie year, mayfield hasnt come close to doing a thing in that ride
PULEEZE QUIT WITH THE "Atwood didn't get a chance" and " doesn't have decent equipment" routine.

Atwood was released for his attitude and interference from his father. Casey had good equipment with Evernham, and good equipment with Jim Smith while under the supervision of Evernham.

When a driver WALKS away from a team effort while they are trying to qualify, he deserves to be put down. Casey was NOT fired, just put on the shelf hoping he and his father would realize what a golden opportunity he had and how badly they were screwing it up.
Casey got the discipline he needed at the time he needed it. The end result is Casey Atwood will be a better driver. A change in his personal attitude after being "parked" is the reason. Reality and humility are a wonderful teacher. In the future look for Casey to make a big improvement. Ray Evernham did what he had to do to show his upstart driver who is in charge. Betcha Casey doesn't make the same mistake twice. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by redrock@Jun 9 2003, 11:21 AM

Seriously-not going to happen; DEI has the money to spend to get a winner in that seat even if it means going outside of NASCAR.
I agree.

Sitting here day dreaming.......
ring, ring, ring,.....answering machine picks up......hello, this is Sam Hornish Jr. I can't come to the phone right now, but if you leave a message, I'll get back to you.

Uh, this is Ty Norris, please call me at DEI. Thanks.

B) :eek: :D

Jeremey ran well in the 12 until he left, maybe being in the 1 car would work out well for him.

I mean this with the utmost respect to you folks....but what are ya'll smoking?

Mayfield might be the best thing that could happen to the #1 car.I am still not sold on the idea that Hollywood Ray is all he's cracked up to be for MOPAR.Put a car under Jeremy and he can drive it.Certainly given those other two DEI team cars he can only look better....given the fact that Mayfield can out drive either of those guys.

Come on folks....He DID take ol' Dale up the track once!

Go Jeremy...anybody that rattles an Earnhardt is ok in my book!

Mayfield does pretty good at plate races sometimes, finished 3rd to Dale in 98. He also did good at Penske for a while. I don't think Jeff Green should be ruled out. I think his great run at Pocono is a sign of things to come. Given that he and Mikey have been friends their whole life, growing up together in Owensboro, I think Jeff will be much more comfortable, and finally live up to his potential.

It's so funny to here the Earnhardt worshippers crying about Mayfield. Gee, I wonder why. Could it be that Jeremy punked their beloved at Pocono? I laughed so hard. I was only surprised that Nascar didn't have Jeremy castrated for it. As for Atwood, he's got raw talent that needs more coaxing. He had the field covered at Pheonix before a blown tire took him out. His team was really starting to gell at the end of 2001. Jeremy hasn't seemed to get along with anybody.

Originally posted by bump drafting@Jun 9 2003, 09:59 PM
It's so funny to here the Earnhardt worshippers crying about Mayfield. Gee, I wonder why. Could it be that Jeremy punked their beloved at Pocono?
I never got mad about that because if it had been reversed Earnhardt would've punked Mayfield. I just never have liked Mayfield.

:ph34r: I can't see him in the #1 car!!! He isn't that good!!! I am sorry to say that but that is how I feel!!! He has done nothing over at Ray's... His first year he finshed one spot better then Casey did in his ROOKIE year... :dual9mm:

Originally posted by Crimepays3@Jun 10 2003, 04:43 AM
:ph34r: I can't see him in the #1 car!!! He isn't that good!!! I am sorry to say that but that is how I feel!!! He has done nothing over at Ray's... His first year he finshed one spot better then Casey did in his ROOKIE year... :dual9mm:
Mabey theres no carma there? I dunno.

Originally posted by 97forever@Jun 9 2003, 06:39 PM
I mean this with the utmost respect to you folks....but what are ya'll smoking?

Put a car under Jeremy and he can drive it.
nothin as strong as you!!... ;)

I think putting a good car under most drivers out there(without top equipment already)) and they'd look better..but Mayfield has had his chance in good cars and hasn't done much...so i don't see him doin anything great in the 1 car....my geuss is DEI will bring in a young up and comer if they can secure a semi-patient sponser.....

And as far as Ray goes, he's brought Bill back to winning again(not a contender or threat weekly) but winning again, so mayfield's and atwoods whoa's aren't ray's doing...they just suck.. :lol: :p

Originally posted by bump drafting@Jun 9 2003, 10:59 PM
It's so funny to here the Earnhardt worshippers crying about Mayfield. Gee, I wonder why. Could it be that Jeremy punked their beloved at Pocono?
we definitely need a yawning icon in here, this stuff is getting beyond old and moldie... :rolleyes:

Mayfield's avg. finishes for the last 5 years. looks like to me he get a little worst every year.
2003-26.2
2002-24.1
2001-23.5
2000-21.9
1999-18.8

Originally posted by Crimepays3@Jun 10 2003, 09:43 AM
:ph34r: I can't see him in the #1 car!!! He isn't that good!!! I am sorry to say that but that is how I feel!!! He has done nothing over at Ray's... His first year he finshed one spot better then Casey did in his ROOKIE year...  :dual9mm:
Actually Casey and Jeremy finished in the exact same spot in the standings and Casey was a rookie!

I believe that Casey should drive the #19 again...and DEI should chill, and get someone from the Busch Series...younger and more talented!

Originally posted by hooty3+Jun 10 2003, 07:08 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hooty3 @ Jun 10 2003, 07:08 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--bump drafting@Jun 9 2003, 10:59 PM
we definitely need a yawning icon in here, this stuff is getting beyond old and moldie... :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
Hey Hooty, How's this -_-

someone said that if you put a car under jeremy he can drive........ok he had one or two decent seasons and they werent even all that great.

he hasnt proven that if you put a decent car under him he can drive......you havent heard a word from Mayfield since he left Penske....he's not that great of a driver and i think that would be a huge mistake by DEI

Originally posted by hooty3@Jun 10 2003, 07:06 AM
And as far as Ray goes, he's brought Bill back to winning again(not a contender or threat weekly) but winning again
I think part of the reason that Bill has done better in Ray's car is because he doesn't have to worry about the day to day headaches of owning the team anymore.

Back
Top Bottom