Meijer Indy 300 -Kentucky

D

DanicaFan

Well, the IRL is back in session this weekend. They head to Kentucky. This is a 1.5 mile oval. I love this track too. Tony Kanaan won this last year. This is a night race. Coverage starts at 6:30pm Eastern on ESPN2.

I will also be at this race. Im heading for Kentucky early tomorrow morning. Im so excited! I will post pics and give my feedback on it when I return.

Well, Scott Dixon does it again. He wins the Meijer 300 and he even had the pole. This is definitely his year. Kudos to Scott.

Here are the final results..

1. #9 Scott Dixon / Target Chip Ganassi Racing
2. #3 Helio Castroneves / Team Penske
3. #26 Marco Andretti / Meijer
4. #4 Vitor Meira / Delphi National Guard
5. #10 Dan Wheldon / Polaroid
6. #20 Ed Carpenter / Menard's -Vision Racing
7. #6 Ryan Briscoe / Team Penske
8. #11 Tony Kanaan / Team 7-Eleven
9. #17 Ryan Hunter-Reay / Team Ethanol-Rahal Letterman Racing
10. #15 Buddy Rice / Dreyer & Reinbold Racing
11. #7 Danica Patrick / Motorola
12. #5 Oriol Servia / KV Racing Technology
13. #33 EJ Viso / PDVSA HVM Racing
14. #18 Bruno Junqueira / Z-Lines Racing
15. #67 Sarah Fisher / Dollar General Racing
16. #34 Jaime Camara / Sangari
17. #19 Mario Moraes / Sonny's Bar-B-Q
18. #27 Hideki Mutoh / Formula Dream
19. #14 Darren Manning / ABC Supply Co. - AJ Foyt Racing
20. #2 AJ Foyt IV - Lilly Diabetes- Vision Racing
21. #23 Milka Duno / Citgo-Dreyer & Reinbold Racing
22. #36 Enrique Bernoldi / Sangari Conquest Racing
23. #25 Marty Roth / Roth Racing
24. #24 Justin Wilson / McDonald's Racing Team
25. #06 Graham Rahal / Hole In The Wall Camps
26. #8 Will Power / Aussie Vineyards-Team Australia

Well, Im back from Kentucky. What a race. I loved this track. Its also a fast track. It was my first time being there. Its great. You can see the whole track from the seats. Very nice!!

It was very clean as well. The day started off great. I met Danica at her transporter, talked to her for a bit, then I went to the garage area, talked with her pit crew. Then it was off to Danica's pits and this is where the day went bad. Danica's car had something break on the right side causing her to hit the wall which heavily damaged her vehicle so they had to bring out her back-up car which was set-up for a road course so it took some time preparing it.
This unfortunate event made her start at the back of the field. But hey, she finished 11th in the race so she ran a great race despite the setback and driving in a car that wasnt ran at this track with no practice in. Im proud of her! Way to go Danica!

I also managed to pick up a side panel of her damaged car, that was cool and I got more pics to post up.

The race itself was great. The weather was perfect. It is definitely a track that I will go to again.

Here are a couple pictures for now. I will post more tomorrow. Its late and Im tired..

Picture 1 - Me & Danica at her transporter at Kentucky Speedway
Picture 2 - Picture of me with a piece of side panel from Danica's car from Kentucky Speedway.

Attachments

• IMG_0457.JPG
    IMG_0457.JPG
    99.4 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_0500.JPG
    IMG_0500.JPG
    98.7 KB · Views: 186
Back
Top Bottom