Location - Kentucky Speedway

Date - August 1st

TV Schedule - 8pm Eastern - Versus

Course Type - 1.5 Mile Oval

Distance - 200 Laps / 300 Miles

Qualifications - July 31st - 5:45 - 7:00 pm Eastern

2008 Pole Sitter - Scott Dixon

2008 Winner - Scott Dixon

We have 23 cars entered in this race. Here is the entry list..

Car# & Driver / Car Name / Team

#2 Raphael Matos / US Air Force Luczo Dragon Racing / Luczo Dragon Racing
#3 Helio Castroneves / Team Penske / Team Penske
#4 Dan Wheldon / National Guard Panther Racing / Panther Racing
#5 Mario Moraes / Azul Tequila-Votorantim KVRT / KV Racing Technology
#6 Ryan Briscoe / Team Penske / Team Penske
#7 Danica Patrick / Boost Mobile-Motorola / Andretti Green Racing
#9 Scott Dixon / Target Chip Ganassi Racing / Target Chip Ganassi Racing
#10 Dario Franchitti / Target Chip Ganassi Racing / Target Chip Ganassi Racing
#11 Tony Kanaan / Team 7-Eleven / Andretti Green Racing
#12 Will Power / Penske Truck Rental / Penske Racing
#13 EJ Viso / PDVSA HVM Racing / HVM Racing
#14 Ryan Hunter-Reay / ABC Supply Co. AJ Foyt Racing / AJ Foyt Enterprises
#18 Justin Wilson / Z-Line Designs / Dale Coyne Racing
#20 Ed Carpenter / Menard's-Vision Racing / Vision Racing
#23 Milka Duno / Citgo-Dreyer & Reinbold Racing / Dreyer & Reinbold Racing
#24 Mike Conway / Dad's Root Beer-Dreyer & Reinbold Racing / Dreyer & Reinbold Racing
#26 Marco Andretti / Meijer / Andretti Green Racing
#27 Hideki Mutoh / Formula Dream / Andretti Green Racing
#43 Tomas Scheckter / Mona-Vie -Dreyer & Reinbold Racing / Dreyer & Reinbold Racing
#67 Sarah Fisher / Dollar General-Sarah Fisher Racing / Sarah Fisher Racing
#98 Jaques Lazier / Novicomm LED Lighting Technology / CURB-Agajanian-Team 3G
#02 Graham Rahal / McDonald's Racing Team / Newman-Haas-Lanigan Racing
#06 Robert Doornbos / Newman-Haas-Lanigan Racing / Newman-Haas-Lanigan Racing

Well, everyone have a great weekend. Im finishing up packing and getting ready for bed. Up and early to head to the Kentucky Speedway tomorrow.

FINALLY! Some racing!
yahoo.gif

I thought there was supposed to be more side-by-side racing.:rolleyes:

me too. :(
halfway and 11 cars on the lead lap with a Penske/Ganassi battle for the lead.
I'll say again, I LOVED open wheel racing for years. This is ridiculous! Same stuff each week! :mad:

me too. :(
halfway and 11 cars on the lead lap with a Penske/Ganassi battle for the lead.
I'll say again, I LOVED open wheel racing for years. This is ridiculous! Same stuff each week! :mad:

I guess they threw the caution to get everyone bunched back up. I was looking forward to the fastest race ever.

Five car race for the lead at Kentucky. Carpenter tries but the #12 car has the Will Power to hold for now!

Mr. Bad Luck has passed Helio, Kanaan is in 3rd.

Well, I got back around 4am this morning from Kentucky. What a weekend. I wasnt sure at first if they would even run the race. All day Friday was nice but the track had a lot of weepers on it from the 2 previous days of hard rain. So they were drying the track all day. So there was absolutely no cars on the track for Friday so qualifications were done by points. Frustrating is the word when its nice all day and you cant get any cars on the track. So it was a long day. But hey, I got to see and talk to Danica and her pit crew and her dad, so the day wasnt all ruined.

As for Saturday, we arrived and the dryers were still on the track. They had been drying the track until 1am that morning and started again at 7am Saturday. There was a brief rain about 1:30 so that had me worried. But finally around 3:30pm, the Firestone Indy Lights practiced, then at 4:15, the IndyCar Series practiced until 5:30. The Indy Lights race was after the IndyCar practice and the IndyCar race started at 8:30pm. Only about a half hour late, so not bad considering how it looked.

The race itself was great. Lots of passing and side-by-side racing. Danica finished 8th. I was so hoping Ed Carpenter could of won this race. He came so close, lost by only something like 16/1000 of a second. Great job by Ed. Nothing against Ryan, I like him but it would of been nice to see Ed have won. The whole crowd was cheering for Ed Carpenter too. Pretty cool.

Here is a picture of me and Danica outside of her garage. I got to speak with her for awhile that morning.

IMG_0816.jpg

Back
Top Bottom