Melling Racing Could Be Back With Compton

A

Awesome_Bill

Hope Stacy Can get back in a WC car...He sure does deserve too. Hope the car will be up to par though...

Melling back at MIS? Compton tests, alos R Gordon and Robinson there: Mark Melling and Melling Racing might be back in business next week at Michigan International Speedway. Fueling rumors that the team is inching closer to a sponsorship deal that would allow the #92 Melling Racing Dodge to try to qualify for the Pepsi 400 next week, driver Stacy Compton tested the car Tuesday at MIS in Brooklyn. The Pepsi 400 is scheduled for Aug. 18. Compton, who drove in 126 races for Melling from 1999-2001, was released from his Winston Cup driving contract with A.J. Foyt Racing following a 30th-place finish at the New England 300 in Loudon, N.H., on July 21. He was at MIS on Tuesday as part of a BGN test with his #59 Kingsford/Johnsonville team. "We don't know what we're going to do right now," Compton said about the prospects of a Winston Cup return with Melling. "We're going to get with Mark and figure out what the plan is. We were up here with the Busch test and we just elected to bring the Cup car to see how good we would be." Compton said that he felt comfortable back in the 92, but said that it was difficult to gauge how well the car was working on an afternoon where just two other Winston Cup drivers -- #31-Robby Gordon and #49-Shawna Robinson -- were on the track. Melling Racing spokesman Steve Brown said that racing at MIS next week still comes down to sponsorship dollars. "We've had a good test, and we'd love to be there," Brown said. "But it's still pending sponsorship.(Michigan Live)(8-8-2002)

Well...Hes been running in all the Busch Events this year. I think he'll do fine if he gets in a WC car.

Yep...Until Ol AJ wrote him a letter. At least I think it was him.

well he did not make it in to a few races. some driver can race the trucks but not bush some can race bush but not cup.....i say he need to stay in bush for a while.

Yeah but Hes still a good driver. I mean AJ's stuff is pure Junk. He's got great skill and talent...He just needs the right ride for him.

i dont care about Melling Racing

i just care about MICHIGAN. thats my b-day race.

DODGE won there 1st race in 30 something years on my b-day :)

Hooters??? O so you prefre the other Bodine Bro. Brett Bodine with his Hooters Ford Taurus. Too bad Hooters wasted their money on him...

they should have got a good driver. i just like the sponcer hooters and the #11

hooters = good food....Big BOBBIES

#11 = my dads old racing number and mt racing number

"nice set of hooter you got there, what, ohhh I mean the owls"

LOL Lap 3...Heck back in 92 they had the best driver out their to market those large OO's. That drivers name Was Alan Kulwicki (RIP)

i think i miss spelled it. ;)

you damn right bill.

jimmy has eufuf donut left overs in him he could donate it to hooter so the girls can have bigger HOOTERS and jimmy will be lighter and he might could win. :rolleyes:

Even a Lighter Jimmy couldnt win...Heck he would still wiegh 400 pounds...lol. Maybe a younger lighter and more focused Jimmy could win though. But hey yeah Take some of Jimmies Lard in Those Hooters would be NICE:D

Back
Top Bottom