Menopause, the Musical

buckaroo

Here kitty, kitty, kitty
A couple of weeks ago, the wife took me to see Menopause the Musical, a play featuring four women from around the country all with one thing in common. Guess what it is? Yep, they are all fortyish and getting ready to or going through the change of life. The entire play takes place in Bloomingdales and starts when all four are fighting over one bra. They befriend each other and then it all breaks into songs that are babyboomerish with the words change to fit the title of the play. I was one of about five men in the entire audience and more than one woman tapped me on the shoulder and said how brave I must be to show up.

I did enjoy the show, but probably not as much as all those women who were in stitches for a good two hours. So, for you ladies, if you have a chance to see this show, by all means, go see it. If you can take the old man along, he will enjoy it as well, but won't tell any of his friends that he did. :cool:

Oh, and none of my friends know that I went either. :p

It isn't a movie, but a play that you see in person. It's a broadway production and the place was packed.

TRL, I know that you would totally enjoy this production. And the music is from our generation. Check out this lineup for songs and remember, the words were changed to fit the situation.

Chain of Fools, The Lion Sleeps Tonight, Good Vibrations (Guess what that is about! :) ), New Attitude, I heard it Through the Grapevine, A Sign of the Times, Stayin' Alive, Heat Wave, Wishin' And Hopin', I'm Sorry, The Great Pretender, Lookin' For Love In All The Wrong Places, What's Love Got To Do With It, Only You, Don't Make Me Over, Beauty Is Only Skin Deep, YMCA, The Shoop Shoop Song, Don't Say Nothing Bad About My Baby, My Guy, I Got You Babe, Help Me Rhonda, California Girls, Puff The Magic Dragon.

TRL, the closest the show to you will be in San Antonio on May 3rd. I know you're a long way from there, but other than Birmingham, Alabama, that's about as close to you the show will be for the next six months.

The show wasn't by any means "R" rated, but there were times when the audience knew what the girls on stage were referring to.

Back
Top Bottom