Mid-Ohio

Personally im a fan of Darren Manning because Im a brit obviously! :p But because hes stuck in the Reynard hes not in with a real chance of winning is he. Personally Id like to see Bourdais win it this weekend, but I think hes gonna find it hard beating tracy, although having said that Bourdais just topped the practise..

I say go Bruno!
I hope he can beat Tracy for the championship!

I KNOW :angry: Now its only 1 point diffrence from Bruno and Tracy

PT took the pole, but Bourdais will take the win. :D I hope Bruno can work his way to the front also, but hes gonna have a tough job back in 6th place. Dont count Servia out for a place on the podium though. Hes normally up there right behind the top 3, so if one of them slips up..

Tag has not been doing all that bad either. It would be cool to see that rocketsprt team in victory lane!

Tracy, Bourdais and Bruno are obviously people to watch. Others that could make a huge upset are Jourdain, Tag, and Manning. I guess I missed Qual. today so I will catch the race tomorrow. Depending on the weather which I have no idea what it is supposed to be for this weekend, but if it happens to do a little sprinkling dont count out Mad Max Papis.

CART was nothing but a stepping stone really Im afraid for JPM. Like it defintly is now for drivers. People like Junqeria, Bourdais, Manning, Monterio, JPM all moved from F3000 to CART to try and make it into F1 after CART. Its a shame but hey F1 is the worlds premier single seater category in terms of car performance and driver talent. I know a lot of people in the US do prefer IRL and CART and I respect that. But I think most people ackowledge that F1 is the worlds premier single seater series (if not worlds premier motorsport series) Now that CART is becoming ever more global its almost encouraging drivers from Europe to race in the CWS, they see it as a stepping stone to F1 after F3000.

Coming 2nd to F1 is no bad thing. Lots of people prefer CART and IRL I know, but F1 is the top step I think most people see, at least in single seaters, if not in the motorsport world all round. Personally I love CART, and the idea of it becoming a feeder series to F1 I like, but I mean I dont want CART to lose sight of what it is, CART. But if they raced with the F1 circus on some of the European tracks, or hosted their own rounds at the tracks at seperate times that would be awesome. Imagine CART at Barcelona, Monza, Spa... :D Still probably wont ever happen.

Anyways, I think JPM is happier now in F1 than he was in CART. Especially now hes started to get to grips with the tracks and car. I really hope he wins the title this year. He won F3000 in 1998 then won CART, and now HOPEFULLY F1. If this happens btw it will be the first time ever a F300 champion has won a F1 title. JPM wll make history!

Yet another dominant performance by PT. Damn lol, looks like the title fight is pretty much over now if u ask me. Looks like the battle now is for 2nd place overall in the championship. Junqeria for runner-up spot anyone? I was a little dissapointed with Sebastian Bourdais this weekend too, ok he didnt qualify that badly but his race performance seemed a little erm, lacking. Good performance by Manning though to get the old Reynard up to 8th. :D

Back
Top Bottom