Mike Bliss: 2002 Truck Champion

S

slick-nick

He did it, finished 5th... with Ron Hornaday taking the win. Good race.

Mike Bliss from Milwaukie, Ore you da man. First midget race i ever saw in 92 bliss won congrats again. And since im at it congrats to biffle on the busch title. Two guys from pretty much the same area win two of nascars three major titles.

Great race. I feel sorry for Rick Crawford, though. Going down a lap is a bummer. Having him on the lead lap might have made it interesting.

Other than the fact that racing at that track is always boring, I thought it was a pretty good race. Mike Bliss did what he needed to do to win. Sort of ironic that one of the trucks he was competing for the championship with was the team he used to race for.

I'm not sure about that Mike "the Hammer" Bliss dance, but he's the champion now so I'll allow it. hehe.

I was kinda hoping Musgrave would win it. Next year will be that championship year that he is looking for. He deserves it.

My bet is Truck racing won't even be around in 3 to 5 yrs.
Congrts to Mike Bliss.:)

Originally posted by pbunch
My bet is Truck racing won't even be around in 3 to 5 yrs.
Congrts to Mike Bliss.:)

Why?? With the tracks like Bristol and Mesa Marin coming back the racing is going to be so much better. In my opinion some truck races are so much better than some Winston Cup races.

Originally posted by 66mustang
Why??  With the tracks like Bristol and Mesa Marin coming back the racing is going to be so much better.  In my opinion some truck races are so much better than some Winston Cup races.

You can blame that on the marketing of the truck series,Nascar wants two divisions of Winston,and Busch.East,and West.There just isn't enough money to support the truck series when this gets in full swing.;)

I love watching the trucks. I wish they would race at Disney again. I think that they raced at Disney for the inaugural CTS race. Now nobody races at the Disney track except the Petty experience.

Originally posted by pbunch
You can blame that on the marketing of the truck series,Nascar wants two divisions of Winston,and Busch.East,and West.There just isn't enough money to support the truck series when this gets in full swing.;)

Well I think with the new Speed Channel package they will get alot more coverage with not just the races alone but all the other Nascar or racing related shows. ESPN did the series no good the last few years with the tape delays and everything.

Congrats Bliss!! I was hoping for Crawford but Bliss is a good person to be champion as well!!

Yea for bliss:thumbsup: :calpping: :calpping: :beerchug: :xxrotf: :calpping: :calpping: :beerchug: :thumbsup:

I think the Truck series will do well with Speed in 2003. They will make it get a little more attention.

Back
Top Bottom