Minorites in Cup cars

buckaroo

Here kitty, kitty, kitty
Who will be the next minority in a Cup car? Will we see another Japanese driver before we see a black one. Will we see a South American driver win a race? Questions, questions, questions. So much with so little time.

I hope so. But if the majority of NASCAR fans get their way it will be all white, all the time.

I think if it stays all white we could miss some of the best racers.. I mean look at other sports they have all benifited by opening up to minorities.

"Opening up to minorities"?

Pretty sure they were all there to begin with.

I know that NASCAR is doing their best to try and get a black man behind the seat of one of the cars. They've tried with Willy T Ribbs, and Bill Lester in the truck series. The major problem is securing a sponsor. A couple of years ago, there was big news about a team being formed for a Busch car being owned by Joe Washington (of NFL fame) and a couple of other black entertainers. It appeared that the team really never got off the ground because major sponsorship couldn't be found. I believe then the problem doesn't so much lie in the area of the stands, but rather in the marketing department.

Back
Top Bottom